3 Wick Pillar

grama

This is my 3 wick pillar. Made with IGI 4625 and scented with WSP Clove.

[ATTACH]13707[/ATTACH]

Used flat braid 24. Has burned almost perfect. This picture is after burning maybe and hour or so.

This is my test pillar. The original is a little taller. Ran out of wax and had to save for top off.

post-5428-139458437219_thumb.jpg

Thanks - Yeah - the mold held 56oz water so that would be about 3 lbs of wax. Want to make a red one for our Christmas Open House we are having at the gift shop this week-end. I really like this pillar. It burns forever:yay:

I found the easiest way for wicking was to plug up holes and while it was a little warm to stick the wick pins in. I have 6 wick pins that have the small bottom and they are perfect for the 3 wick pillar.

Sharyl, I didn't take the pillar out of the mold, I left it in. Before when I made them I put the pins in and it was always hard to get the candle level. So this time I got to thinking and decided to give it a try. While it is still warm but mostly solid, I took my white stuff off bottom of wick holes and just pushed the pins through. I like it much better this way. Candle is nice and level.

Thanks all for your compliments. I really have got in the mood to make several if I have time. I don't know what happens to my time. Think being daughter, wife, mother, grama, friend, and not to mention church "stuff" my time just seems to fade away:D

Nice candle! Very pretty.

Did it blow out the sides after a few more hours burning? I poured a big 6" x 6.5" pillar a while back, damn it was a monster *lol* I was told to try it with 18 or 20ply flat braid - I went for the 20ply and it burned fab for about 4-5 hours then the melt pool got a tad close to the edge, then busted out. I always intended repouring and wicking again with the 18ply but never got round to it. Another job for after christmas :grin2:

Do you have any more pictures of the burn pool further on in your test? I'm not quite sure what they are supposed to burn like when wicked properly.

Anjie,x.

• 2 weeks later...