New Tart Burner Jar

HeavenScentU

My problem is I bought the tin burners and lights from a liquidation sale very cheap. The jars I have collected over the years and have tons of them and the potpourri I make myself from my yard and garden. So there is not much cost in making them. That is my dilemma and why I am asking for suggestions....

Ginger, The top is a punched tin thing and the tart sits on top. I put one of my tarts (the brown leave tart) on top. The heat from the light melts the tart and releases the scent. I just cut a hole in a jar and put the light cord through and filled it with potpourri. We were concerned the base would heat the jar but the top has holes on the sides so it releases any heat from the light.

My problem is I bought the tin burners and lights from a liquidation sale very cheap. The jars I have collected over the years and have tons of them and the potpourri I make myself from my yard and garden. So there is not much cost in making them. That is my dilemma and why I am asking for suggestions....

Well, then you'll have to take into consideration where you live and what people are willing to pay. Around here, that would easily sell for $35.00 at any type of craft/art event and $25-$30 at our weekend marketplace (which has everything new, but people expect lower prices there.)

That looks fab! I take it it's an electric tart warmer (because you mentioned a cord), how on earth do you make a whole in a glass jar without breaking it?? :rolleyes2

Anjie,x.

Yah, enquiring minds want to know how you drill a hole each and every time without it cracking/breaking?

I must live a sheltered life also (well, I live in the middle of no man's land) cuz I've never seen one of those either.

I really like that and would love to have one myself.

Also, the tart burner part, is it an actual tart warmer insert for jars like that, or is it just a warmer and you put it in a jar?

You can't see a picture...Let me reload it. Well let me try and explain these tart burners. All it looks like to me is a metal chimney with a lid on top of it for tarts/melts with holes punched thru it for decoration. The light base itself is just a plastic light w/bulb that I bought at Walmart and cut it down to size. We used a glass drill bit and slowly drilled thru the glass. It was fairly easy and I put silicone around the hole so it wouldn't cut the cord or cut someone's finger. We had to take apart the light cord so it would fit thru the hole and reconnect it. I painted the light and glued it to the bottom of the jar so it wouldn't move and filled the jar with potpourri and put the chimney on and turned the light on and tossed a tart in it. It heats up very quickly. I really like these. They are easy to make a little of a pain, but after you make one it gets easier...

[ATTACH]13523[/ATTACH]

post-1618-139458436249_thumb.jpg

Yes the potpourri is made by me. I started this because my MIL used to take me with her on road trips and she'd stop along the road and cut some weeds (at the time I thought they were weeds) and take them home and decorate her house with whatever she found. She'd cut pussy willows, long cuts of wheat grass, twisted branches, sunflowers, pine cones or whatever and when they dried she'd break them up and place them in a bowl and pour perfume over them and use them as potpourri. I always thought she was crazy and now when we go camping or take long trips, we always come home with a box full of weeds (Potpourri fillers). Now my DIL and SIL's are always bringing me their weeds.

i've just never seen anything like your jar warmers before. btw they are awesome looking. could you or would you post a pic of the light thing you glue to the botton of the jar. i just can't get a picture of what you are talking about in my head. sorry.

Ok here is a pic. of the light base itself. I added a bow and moved to the side so you can see the inside. I don't know if I like the bow thing or not....Hmmmm! I completely took the lamp base apart and cut it down to fit in the jar and glued it. DH did the electrical part since he is an Electrical Engineer, but I don't think you have to be one to do this.... I just do the creative part. I wanted to save money by doing this instead of buying the fancy expensive light, so this is what I came up with. I painted the base so it would blend in with the chimney base. I also have some chimneys in black that I am going to be making this week, but I have three candle orders that I have to get out before I start any projects. I hope that helps you Carol.

[ATTACH]13540[/ATTACH]

post-1618-139458436287_thumb.jpg

Wow you're so creative and handy! :bow:

So, did the light and the chimney come together? And was it originally a tart burner or did you just find these and make them work as such?

Like I said earlier, I've never seen anything like this so I'm clueless, but it sure has peaked my interest!

I don't really make anything prim like that, or having to do with candles and such, but I DO collect antiques, especially old mason jars and would love to have one of these! :)

Have you decided on a price and can a fellow CTer get a good deal? I'd be a great tester for ya! LOL

You should be very proud of yourself girl!!

Michi, the only thing that came together was the chimney and a light bulb. The rest I had to purchase or find. Colonial Tin sells them in a kit and I am not sure what is all included in them, as I don't have access yet, but I would love to buy some more, so if anyone wants to do a co-op I would definitely buy more. I bought 8 from a liquidation sale and everyone that has seen them wants one so 4 are already taken and I have to keep one for myself and the rest are going in a craft show this weekend. One of my sales reps. want one so by this weekend I am not going to have any left if I keep showing them around. I am going to sell them for $25.00 at the craft show. I have a few square jars that we're going to sacrifice to make the tart warmers. Anyone live close enough to Colonial Tin to just run down there and buy them???:)