I got hoodooed by 'Vanilla Voodoo'

Darbla

The description of 'Vanilla Voodoo' on the Candle Cocoon site says a whole lotta nothing, so I took a chance since I usually love anything vanillaey and bought 4 oz. Is this stuff supposed to smell like smoke? Because it does. If I'd wanted to smell like a campfire I'd just stand next to one for a few minutes. This needs to be renamed to 'Barely Survived A Fire'. What would you do with it? Can I salvage it in some way by mixing it?

HMMMMmmmm....... Wonder if I could mix it with something manly and call it 'Red Hot Fireman'?

Darbla

The description on the site is: "Alure…Intriging…Vanilla surrounds you. Inhale…deeper…you can't escape and you don't want to. Something else…can't place it…ummmm. Vanilla Voodoo has got you!"

That's not saying a whole lot. It was smokey OOB and I've had it in fractionated coconut oil for a couple days and it's STILL smokey in that. Usually that's a good enough test for me; the FO changes and improves in the FCO. And besides I really wanted it for b&b, not candles, but not if it's like this.

Darbla

I really like this scent for B & B. Someone put it in "scents that rock for CP" which is too bad, because the scent sucks in CP. Obviously someone trying to play a dirty trick on the general population. But, and I emphasize the BUT it is awesome elsewhere and this comes from a Big vanilla lover. All I can say is that maybe you got shipped the wrong the thing or that it's mis-labeled somehow because even OOB it shouldn't smell like a campfire. Buttery Vanilla is all I get (except in CP).

• 2 weeks later...

To be fair to this scent, I'm not getting the smokey smell I was getting so my nose may have been all wonky at that time. But I put it in fractionated coconut oil a week and a half ago to make a perfume oil, have let it set to blend with the FCO, tried it a few times too, have it on today, and it's terrible. Very plasticky. I used 1/3 'Vanilla Voodoo' and 2/3 FCO. Maybe it's good in melt & pour or lotions though.

The description of 'Vanilla Voodoo' on the Candle Cocoon site says a whole lotta nothing, so I took a chance since I usually love anything vanillaey and bought 4 oz. Is this stuff supposed to smell like smoke? Because it does. If I'd wanted to smell like a campfire I'd just stand next to one for a few minutes. This needs to be renamed to 'Barely Survived A Fire'. What would you do with it? Can I salvage it in some way by mixing it?

HMMMMmmmm....... Wonder if I could mix it with something manly and call it 'Red Hot Fireman'?

Darbla

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I always thought this one to have an awful note to it...gagworthy to me OOB or when poured and could never understand all the hype. I just ran across remnants on the "gag-me" FO shelf a few days ago and after a few years, yep...nearly lost it. Apparently something in it just doesn't agree with me or my nose.

I always thought this one to have an awful note to it...gagworthy to me OOB or when poured and could never understand all the hype. I just ran across remnants on the "gag-me" FO shelf a few days ago and after a few years, yep...nearly lost it. Apparently something in it just doesn't agree with me or my nose.

Same here, I just never liked this vanilla. And I'm a vanilla lover. Same with the candy corn, it just not what I was looking for.

Darbla

:laugh2: :laugh2:

If it smells that much like "smoke"... add Cherry FO... then you can have a Cherry Vanilla "pipe" smell. :D

OK, beesweet and Sharon made me feel better! I was feeling kind of bad that it was just me. I'm going to try this in wax though, since I'm now resigned to it just not working for me in b&b.

Hey, I like your cherry vanilla idea, CBE. Might be something to try with Santa's Pipe. :)

OK, just because I like you, CBE, I'll do at least a tart. :P Do you think that'll work or should I make it a candle so it gets inflamed too?

I feel so loved.santalol LOL Tart it... inflame it... whateva sistah!! :thumbsup: