Fund Raiser Hell!!!!

Kimberly

I have a HUGE Fund Raiser with a local Middle School each yr. Each yr it keeps getting bigger...well, except for the yr after I used a certain company's oils...but that is another story.

They turned in the totals to me yesterday.....with more added on today and a few more to come in tomorrow. SO far, the Total is 4,978 candles!:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: I always round up to a full case...so I am sure it will be over 5,000.

I have 3 more starting next week. Much smaller ones, but those are PURE profit as I usually order extra supplies when I am ordering for the big one...saves money on shipping!

I will try to post some pics of the semi organized production...:laugh2:

HOLY CRap thats alot of candles! How many scents will you end up doing. I cant imagine!

Have fun! And congrats

THANKS!!! I let them offer 10 different scents. I usually have them offer the top 6 scents from the previous yrs and then they fill in the rest.

WOW! Those kids know how to sell candles. Of course it helps that they have such a wonderful product to sell. I remember the last time you posted pictures of your home while pouring a fund raiser. Don't know if it was this one or not but I definitely remember stacks of boxes everywhere. Heck I get the shakes just thinking about washing 5000 jars and then settting 5000 wicks. :bow: to the Queen of fund raisers.

What kind of candles are you making, pillars, votives etc...that is a lot of candles. WOW, congrats to you!!! How do you get involved in fund raising and how do you split the profits? Living in a small town there is ALWAYS fund raisers for something, maybe with some info I can get involved in some.....

OMG, Kim! You are the Queen. :bow: I'm not sure I could handle that, but I know you have a system and some great help.

To anyone who hasn't done the math yet, 417 cases of 12 jars each is 5004 candles. And it takes in the vicinity of 2000 lbs of wax. *faint*

Holy mother of god how will you handle an order that large?

I'm doing a couple hundred for a wholesale account by Thanksgiving and that's a lot for me...

Congrats on the sales, though. WOW. I'm shocked.

I thought of doing a fundraiser, but IDK.... if I got an order that large I'd have to enlist both my sons and take two weeks off of work... lol.

Congrats Kimberly! Yes, I would love to see pics of the assembly line! What size candles are the 5000? We have 2 very large fundraisers in selling stage now - 15 scents for each. We expect them to be about 3000 6 oz tins and 800 11 oz tureens. We are prepouring about 2000 tins and probably 400 tureens. We have done them before and are hoping we are prepouring the right ones. It just scares me to prepour Fall & Christmas scents. My DH and I poured 500 tins yesterday and I can pour about 250 tins or 150 tureens everyday. DH & I don't have any help and it's almost too much. How many do you have working? Thks for posting and good luck! Carole

To those who asked......For this FR, I do the 9oz Hex jars. Right now it will be just I and my so called business partner pouring. mystical_angel and tlc26 will be joining me later. I have a few non candle making friends that will help wick jars and label. Its gonna be a big job...but so worth it!

I usually have one big ticket item I buy myself each yr from the profits. One yr was a car (used of course) Last yr was new wardrobe (from losing weight) and a nice laptop. This yr, I am working my butt off to get the so called business partner out of my house!!!!!...lol...oh, and an elliptical.

Yeah baby! :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Don't be fooled. Momma LOVES the big fundraiser. No, she really does. CHA CHING!

Unfortunately~ she is a down a few slaves this year. I use this term very loosely, as the slaves are highly paid and treated like royalty. This will be my third year helping her, and believe it or not~ we we're done a few days early with the help of the Surf n Turk, a purely female pouring team and a good dose of insanity! We have a fool-proof system. Now we each have two of these bad boys a piece, so if you are pouring high volume in candles, and on the fence about getting one~ DO IT! We let those suckers sit in the box for a year, unopened- after the horror stories we read on the boards. It's the fastest, easiest, most economical melter you will ever buy.

The only monkey wrench here is that her male business partner is lazy, messy, temperamental and useless! This year, we're putting the whip to him, because he is history and we NEED him to WORK. Peace out, brother! :rolleyes2 Can't wait till next year, when we don't have to put up with him. Arrrrrrgh, it can't be soon enough.

This year she might outsource a hot new, cabana boy for the heavy stuff.

One can only hope, it helps us to be ambitious.

Yeah baby! :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Don't be fooled. Momma LOVES the big fundraiser. No, she really does.

Unfortunately~ she is a down a few slaves this year. I use this term very loosely, as the slaves are highly paid and treated like royalty. This will be my third year helping her, and believe it or not~ we we're done a few days early with the help of the Surf n Turk and pure female power and flawless pouring skills. We have a fool-proof system. The only monkey wrench is that her "male" business partner is lazy, messy, temperamental and useless! This year, we're putting the whip to him, because he is history. Peace out, brother! :rolleyes2 Can't wait till next year, when we don't have to put up with him.

This year she might outsource a hot new, cabana boy for the heavy stuff.

One can only hope.

Oh girl I am already workin on that! You remember the SMOKIN HOT guy that I wrote Insurance for? He wants to help!!!!! OMG all he has to do is just sit there and talk....I think I would do the heavy lifting for him!!!!:laugh2:

Oh girl I am already workin on that! You remember the SMOKIN HOT guy that I wrote Insurance for? He wants to help!!!!! OMG all he has to do is just sit there and talk....I think I would do the heavy lifting for him!!!!:laugh2:

HA HA.... she was a ho, fo' sho! :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Oh wait, this could be beneficial to all. Adam, meet Eve. LMAO!!!

Bugtussle, we usually have two people pre-wicking jars & putting warning labels on, also cutting wax in to chunks that we keep in totes- so all you have to do is reach down in the tote and throw the wax in the Surf n' Turk. Three of us do all the pouring, sometimes ummm... her biz partner might pour a few cases. A co-worker at her job sometimes comes and helps us with labeling. Works like a charm.