charge for tealights..

chrisasst

I made a choice with my tealights..... I sell them for essentially cost.

Why? Because I usually have "leftover" wax from a pour that I harvest that way. I buy wicks and plastic tealight containers in bulk so it's cheap.

Folks who pick up my tealights (I sell in a pack of 4) always try more than one box and sometimes stick around long enough to pick up something else. Plus I have a couple of customers who go through tealights like nobody's business so I like to keep them supplied.

That being said, I've only carried them at craft fairs. On my (new and under construction) website I will probably keep them in a "Special Offers" section and list only the stock that I have on hand. I'm not interested in keeping a stable stock of tealights, but offering what I have.

After all that... I price them between $1.50 to $2.00 for a 4-pack. But like I said -- I'm selling them for essentially cost and basically consider them samples that people are paying for.

Hope that helps.

ETA: I do get most of my supplies locally from Peak. Wax, plastic containers and dye, FO are local pickup. The only thing in my tealights that are shipped to be are the wicks and those are dirt cheap.

$1.50 to $2.00 for a 4-pack. But like I said -- I'm selling them for essentially cost

mine only cost me 23 cents - how big are your tealights?

I only have one person I sell them to - only because she devours them and I couldn't keep giving her them for free. I give them away as samples with every sale.

They are standard size tealights. My finished candle cost ends up being right about what you quoted...$.20 give or take some cents. But when I factor in packaging it took the cost to closer to $.40 each. That may have changed a little - I haven't re-calculated in over a year.

Cause honestly unless you burn ten at a time, there is no way a single tea light can scent a room. Its a waste of FO.

I have to disagree with you on that statement. I sell a ton of tea lights and mine will scent a room, not overly huge, but my customers keep coming back and they don't burn 10 at a time, mostly 1 or 2!! :cool2: