Using Vybar

I have never had to use vybar before, but I cannot get Sissies Sugar Cookie to blend in for me. So someone suggested I use a little vybar to help bind the scent. I ordered some and will have it tomorrow my question is how do I use this? I did a search but it only confused me more. I use J50 btw. And I ordered the stuff that said it was for container candles.

Shari

I just add it (it is pellets) right into my melted wax, while I am getting it up to temp, before I add my FO...OR if you're noticing that you're having trouble getting a particular oil to blend in, return it to the heat, then add some of your vybar, small amnts. at a time, making sure that it melts all the way, and mix thoroghly! Heating to a slightly higher temp than you normally do will also help getting a stubborn oil to blend in, sometimes...

HTH!

I just add a few grains at a time.

A few grains per pound, right? I just want to be sure in case I try this. :smiley2:

Something I read recently is to stir for at least 2 minutes after you add FO. I wasn't stirring that long at first but I time it now.

Darbla

I have used J50 without any fragrance oil mixing issues. I heat my wax to 185 - 190 degrees before adding in the FO. Then stir thoroughly to blend it in. Blending your oil has nothing to do with 'stirring for 2 minutes'. Although that may help you watch your wax as you pour in your oil. You can see how it blends in as you stir. Thats what I look for and keeping it hot enough to bind with the wax is what works for me.

J50 is already blended for you to make container candles without adding in any additional additives. I only put in fragrance oil and dye. The only time I would put in an additive is when I sell the candles and that additive is UV inhibitor so my colors don't fade or change.

A few grains per pound, right? I just want to be sure in case I try this. :smiley2:

Something I read recently is to stir for at least 2 minutes after you add FO. I wasn't stirring that long at first but I time it now.

Darbla

Yep just a couple grains per pound. Like everyone else said, make sure you are adding your FO in at a higher temp. (180-190). If you are presently adding FO at a lower temp.....try the higher temp. first before trying any vybar. I've personally never had to stir any FO for 2 minutes!!! If you still have problems, then add a couple grains of vybar........that minute amount shouldn't cause any burning problems. :cool2:

I agree with Candybee and Groovy Chick!

Heat the wax to at least 185-200 degrees. Heat is the important thing here. Also, heating the FO is very effective. We have a best seller that uses NO colour, but is a very heavyFO. Not a heavy scent, but a heavy FO. Because of the no colour, we used to get ugly yellow oozing in about a month from the container candles. White candles with yellow ooze underneath. NOT pretty. Once we started using higher temps, and heating the FO, it helped allot!