Halloween scents

KenoQueen7

Carmel Apple, Candied Apple, Candy Corn (although probably not very strong in a sachet), Pumpkin of some kind, Hayride, Black Licorice, Harvest scents, Cinnamon scents, Autumn scents (falling leaves, autumn spice etc), just look at suppliers websites, most of them list their fall scents so you can get an idea.

'Black Magic' from The Candle Source. But.... I think that would be better renamed to 'Black Forest' (still spooky enough for Halloween) and find something else to rename to 'Black Magic'.

Get some dirt scents and name them 'Graveyard'.

If you can get Old Mills 'Baton Rouge' to turn out strong enough, rename it 'Haunted Plantation'.

Something strongly cinnamon can carry a devilish name. Wonder if cinnamon and vetiver would make a good 'Devilish'?

I posted a similar question a few weeks ago because Halloween, my favorite holiday and time of year, was already on my mind. :D

Darbla

Thank you, Candybee. I live near Louisiana and would love to visit the Myrtles, a supposedly haunted plantation, and 'Baton Rouge' has a dusty, musky edge to it (but in a good way) that made that idea pop in my head.

You could take any word that represents Halloween and match an FO to it.

Candy corn becomes 'Trick or Treat'.

'Witches Brew' becomes 'Spellcaster'.

Something cold and fresh becomes 'Midnight Flight' or 'The Headless Horsemen Rides Again'.

A rich, deep cherry could be 'Blood' or 'Vampire's Kiss'.

There's already a 'Full Moon' FO but you could still match that name to a different FO.

etc.

I've got all these ideas about Halloween but I live in a very strict religious area, and some things like that wouldn't go over well at all. People around here get too offended about Halloween. Except...... there is a metaphysical shop near me. Hmmmm.... I might think on seeing if the proprietor would be interested in putting a few in there. :)

Darbla

thanks for all the ideas --

I think I will just rename some of the scents I have to match the fabrics in the bags -- people seem to be more soncerned about the "look" of the sachet bag than what's in it, but in this case they specifically want fabrics that have black cats, spider's etc. so I need to dream up some more names -- definitely going to use Voodoo and Witch's Brew -- and see what else I can come up with --

keep the ideas coming -- I can match the names to what I have

thanks

yvonne

Well if you have apple scents -- could use it for apple bobbin' or a cider scent for ghoulish punch/delight/flavor/whatever.

If you've got anything pumpkin and spice ... what about ... oh heck, the Great Pumpkin, pumpkin patch ... yadda, yadda. (Isn't Great Pumpkin what Charlie Brown referred to?)

Let's see, on the toasted marshmellow (it won't last in a sachet long ... most vanilla scents tend to fade rather quickly I've noticed.)

Put what about caramel corn or popcorn ... movie night from Day-Star is it? Maybe? Could be popcorn balls or Spider Eggs or Zombie Eyes ... I dunno lol.

You need something major bold and spicy for say a Fright Night scent. I was trying to think of something that might work there.

What about something that screams Trick or Treat?

Good luck! You could have a ton of fun with all this!

• 4 years later...

I'd like to throw into the mix

Candy Corn + Peanut butter = Trick or Treat

Cotton Candy x 2 + Clove = Spider Webs

Witches Brew + Patchouli + Licorice= Black Cauldron

Toasted Marshmallow + Campfire = Ghost Stories

Fall Leaves + Apple and Oak = Bushel of Apples

Green Apple + Gingerale + licorice = Poisoned Apple

Coconut + Tea Tree + Marshmallow = Ghost Farts ;)

Pumpkin Pie (-spices) + Basil + tomato leaf = Pumpkin Patch

Fresh linen + Patchouli + Cinnamon = Mummy Wraps

Edited by rctfavr3

I'd like to throw into the mix

Candy Corn + Peanut butter = Trick or Treat

Cotton Candy x 2 + Clove = Spider Webs

Witches Brew + Patchouli + Licorice= Black Cauldron

Toasted Marshmallow + Campfire = Ghost Stories

Fall Leaves + Apple and Oak = Bushel of Apples

Green Apple + Gingerale + licorice = Poisoned Apple

Coconut + Tea Tree + Marshmallow = Ghost Farts ;)

Pumpkin Pie (-spices) + Basil + tomato leaf = Pumpkin Patch

Fresh linen + Patchouli + Cinnamon = Mummy Wraps

Wow! Those are awesome blends! I'm going to have to try some.

they do sound great-love your names too!! whose Fall Leaves do you use for "Bushel of Apples"? i have 3 different versions of fall leaves!

definately gonna try some of them - thanks!

kris

I used FragranceBuddy. It seemed to be the weakest version of Leaves and yet it worked best at allowing the apple scent to still come thru on my BCN's Apples & Oak.

Oh, and I haven't tried the Ghost Farts blend, it's just an idea. This is something I'm currently working on. The rest of the blends I've done. The Spiderwebs aka spiced cotton candy was a tad strong on the spice so I think I'll dial that down some. The rest I felt were pretty spot on (for made up fragrances)

SOS has a fragrance called Chalk that I'm thinking about adding to the Ghost Farts formula; to give it a powdery coolness. I think a Ghost's Fart would be a little Dusty. LOL.

Edited by rctfavr3

Omg, them are the cutest ideas for Halloween! I'm so challenged when it comes to renaming and blending scents together. My gosh..it don't seem that hard! Then I go in my candle and just stand there!

Its fun renaming them! Even if the blend isn't exactly Fall/Halloween you can always rename for the sheer novelty of Halloween. And who wouldn't want to smell "Snake and Spider Cider" or "Ghost Farts"! LOL. Another Halloween-inspired blend I'm working on is "Embalming Fluid" for the seriously disturbed Halloween fanatics out there. I'm thinking a 50/50 blend of Absinthe + Cucumber Mint.

Edited by rctfavr3

someone will buy it! LOL.

on paper it sounds like it would smell pretty good.

A licorice fragrance cooled down with a blast of minty cucumber.

haven't tried it yet but I'm thinking the slightly medicinal smell of anise/licorice will really sell it.

Plus I dig the name.

Edited by rctfavr3