Round Robin FO sample style?

whiffandsniff

Two of us were discussing have a Round Robin using the sample size of the many different FO's.

USPS has a flat rate box that we could use. As long as the FO's are wrapped and has lots of padding I think this would be a great way to share and try different scents w/o having to buy them.

Basically someone with a lot of extra FO's could start the box. The person who gets it could go through the contents of the box see if they find anything they like by sniffing only. Not testing! Take out what they want and then replace with FO samples of their own.

Anyone want to give it a try?

Just so you know I hosted a sample swap last spring. I'd heard a lot of bad things about the round Robin type swaps. Like people not sitting on the box for weeks before sending it out, one time the box disappeared completely, the end person to recieve it (the one who started it) got a box of nothing but old, undesirable samples, and a lot fewer than she had put in the box to start with. So after hearing this, what I did was started a sign-up list. Everyone who signed up sent me a box of samples (only 1 ozers to make sure everything was fair. Example someone sends 1ozers and gets 1/2 oz back) a wish list of scents they were interested in trying, and $ for return shipping. I swapped out all of the samples each person sent in, replaced them with an equal # of samples for others boxes, trying to send them as many samples from their wish list as possible. This worked out really well actually. The only problems I had was that late box that seems to take forever to arrive, someone sent a bunch of large bottles with only an oz in them, so I had to try and disperse her oils into the boxes of those who had used flatrate shipping, and some ppl were very picky on their wishlist, picking this scent from this supplier, but not wanting any scents from that supplier, or the person whos trying to be simple and only requests 2 scents, but you dont receive any of, so you feel bad LOL. All in all it went very well. If someone sent in 6 samples, they got back 6 samples. So a person gets back exactly what they contribute, they can control the cost of shipping (this may cost more because of paying shipping both ways, but there's not the delay involved with it going person to person.) Someone can send in 4 bottles of the same scent if they wish and get back 4 different scents, because those 4 bottles can be split up into 4 different boxes. Anyhow, just thought I'd share what I did because everyone who participated thought it was a success and was happy. I may even host if ya'll wished.

i do not know if there would be a way to insure that someone did not just keep the hole box. but i think it would be great if the box idea worked. that way you could smell several scents. you would no that you did not like or did like the scent.but mabe not most of my samples is ones i did not like.they was to weak or gross.the ones i liked would have like 1/2 a ounce in it or less.but who knows someone might like them.it might end up being a lot of scents no one wonted.if every one would put in what they liked it would work great.

I have participated in many RR's on etailer, bath body and home boards and haven't seen any problems.

I think if we make up some strict rules I don't see any problems. So far like 6 people have PMed me and gave me their address. I will wait until Tuesday morning to post a list of rules and the members who signed up.

I'm pretty limited on samples. Does anyone want to start the box? Then once it's gone to like 3 or 4 people we'd send it back to the starter. Let me know :) I think it'd be a really great way to try samples from all the suppliers.

I've got 8 possibly 9 people who have emailed me and showed interest in the RR. I will give it until midnight tonight and then post a list of the people who signed up (minus their addresses) The only people getting addresses will be the person they are sending to and me.

I will also post the guidelines to try and follow and someone also pmed me and agreed to start the box.

I of course will be throwing in some samples of my products when it comes around to me for those to enjoy. It might not be a bad idea to make up some tarts/melts to throw in the box.

Anyhoo :)