2nd Glass Glow Pic

judyvega

I promise I won't post anymore of these - I just think this wax is so pretty! Scented Ocean. Trying to decide where to start wicking on this one. Wicking sucks! :D

Nice color on that one, but personally, I think the fancy container takes away from the wax, which should be the focus. Just my opinion.

Good luck with wicking.. I finally gave up because I had to double wick to make it work.. and I just don't like the look of double wicked candles.

I would start with the CandleScience wicks. HTPs do ok too.

What a nice oceany color you got there, Judy! I have some containers like that I bought at WalMart - might have to give 'em a try! Very snazzy lookin'...:D

Please DO give them a try and tell me how to wick them perfectly lol - so far I've had to go up from LX16's to LX20's (I prob would've gone up to 18's, but I evidently don't have any). My melt pool didn't reach all four corners so I'm hoping these larger wicks will do the trick. I do like this jar, though. And they're only $1.27, so hey, why not try :)

Square shapes are difficult for many waxes, but especially so with palm wax. Because of its characteristic of being either liquid or solid and never much soft in between, it takes a while for hangups to release. In the upper right, the flame is simply not close enough for the hangup to release; the same thing is true of the bottom right hangup, but to a lesser extent because the flame is closer.

I don't double wick so I have no suggestions as to how one would balance the wicks in a square container so that all of the corners receive enough heat to melt the wax. I would use a single wick. For this size container I would try a CDN 14 or 16 - probably the 16 because of the corners....

Well it might be too late to ask now, but you can make again and test lol. How about three wicks? I'd think that might crowd that jar, but well you're going up in sizes. I don't have any LX18 to send you, but I have some LX22 probably lol! Still that's a little high to double wick a jar that size isn't it?

Oh wait ... I have load of RRD wicking ... wanna try a variety of sizes with that?

Is that the smaller container from Wally's or the larger one. I have some of the smaller ones and I single wicked with soy and was hoping to do the same with palm but since you used 2 pretty big wicks to get a full MP, I guess I'd better rethink this. I am going to use the CSN wicks.

Ok, so here are burn pics. I burned first for around four and a half hours double wicked w/LX16's, and it didn't reach the corners. Wicked up to LX20's and this is the burn 3-1/2 hours later. Is this ok? (sorry, I feel so much like a newbie again). TIA :)

I have those exact containers. I got them when I redecorated my living room and needed something trendy. I LOVE them. Only I now that my soy is all burned through thought about some palm in them. I used Vanilla Passion/sandlewood and Mahogony and red and beige to match my living room. I had to double wic on them. I did not wick in the corners though like you did. I wicked directly in the center between all four corners. They came out great and burned more evenly than the status jars I have. But that was soy and not palm. But maybe wicking in the direct middle might help? Good luck and let us know how it turns out. Love the color and the glass glow. Every time I try to order it is on back order. Hopefully soon.....

I saw this thread,sorry I am a little late,but I had to comment on the glass glow and how beautiful they turned out!!!:D Where do you get that scent ocean? A friend of mine has been after me to get it,cuz she bought a candle in that scent from Time & Again,now she can't find it anywhere.What color exactly is that?

I tried to order this wax but they are out of it.:angry2: TIA... Kimmeroo

I saw this thread,sorry I am a little late,but I had to comment on the glass glow and how beautiful they turned out!!!:D Where do you get that scent ocean? A friend of mine has been after me to get it,cuz she bought a candle in that scent from Time & Again,now she can't find it anywhere.What color exactly is that?

I tried to order this wax but they are out of it.:angry2: TIA... Kimmeroo

I get my ocean from peak candles. Smells great and get lots of requests.