What are your MUST HAVES??

ShoogieScents

Hello,

I have been making soap with CO, OO, Cocoa Butter, Soybean Oil, Lard, and sometime castor oil. I have been keeping it simple with things I can get a WallyWorld :D NOW, I want to try some of the other oils, butters, etc. that are not TOO expensive. I think I am going to try MMS for these items so any reviews would be greatly appreciated :D

What are the OILS & BUTTER that you just have to have when making your soap? I know I want to try a Neem oil bar for acne, but not quite sure a recipe, so I will have to research that one!!

Thanks,

WSP is about 15 minutes away from me and sometimes what I need is cheaper when I get it from Soaper's Plus but of course thats for bulk, but I love that they are right around the corner for when I need an FO in a hurry or something immediately. For 1 pound quantities WSP is great, and so is MMS and Soaper Supplies. I like Southern Soaper's Selection too. Used to get a lot at Walmart, but we have also decided to stop shopping at Walmart after watching that movie.

I cannot live without my Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Mango Butter, Select Shades colors, Avocado oil, Castor Oil, Golden Jojoba, and that precreamed shortening.

OK, where do they hide the cocoa butter at wally world? The only oil I can add to the list is PKO. I like the high melt point and sub it for co when I want a really hard bar. It seems to me soap made with it stands up to a hot steamy bathroom a tad better than just co. Of course that could just be my imagination.

OMG thecandlespastore, I would be BROKE if I lived that close to WSP!!!! They are one of my favorite suppliers. I still think that you are SO lucky to be that close to this great supplier.

Now as far as oils and butters go, I LOVE cocoa butter the best. I also have to have my shea, mango butter, avocado oil, jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, coconut oil, and castor oil.

OK, where do they hide the cocoa butter at wally world? The only oil I can add to the list is PKO. I like the high melt point and sub it for co when I want a really hard bar. It seems to me soap made with it stands up to a hot steamy bathroom a tad better than just co. Of course that could just be my imagination.

The Cocoa butter that I use from Walmart is Palmers Cocoa Butter. It is in the isle with African America hair/lotion products! Here is a pic of what it looks like... HTH

21Qo2GEbo1L._AA160_.jpg

The Cocoa butter that I use from Walmart is Palmers Cocoa Butter. It is in the isle with African America hair/lotion products! Here is a pic of what it looks like... HTH

21Qo2GEbo1L._AA160_.jpg

Are you sure that's the one? It's not really cocoa butter:

Ingredients:

Cocoa Extract, Mineral Oil, Microcrystalline Wax, Cocoa Butter, Dimethicone, Fragrance, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carotene

Ingredients:

Cocoa Extract, Mineral Oil, Microcrystalline Wax, Cocoa Butter, Dimethicone, Fragrance, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carotene

Yeah, I was going to tell her the same thing. Plus for the cost of that little jar you could buy a pound of unprocessed cocoa butter from the forums. There is a nice lady named MsSharLee on The Whisk that sells it for I think $3.25 a pound. Which reminds me, I am off to go find her now cause I am running super low.

Ingredients:

Well Crap, I THOUGHT that was the right kind...:o Good think I only made the batches for myself and family...:undecided They did come out good though...LOL I was planning on buying my next purchase of body butter online though as that one is expensive!! Man, Do I feel like an IDIOT now:tiptoe:

actually somewhere on the millersoap.com web site there is a recipe that uses it. so don't feel bad.

and if your soaps came out good - well there's a bonus!!!

ETA: I don't know if there is any still available, but you might want to check out the Soaper's Choice co-op.