Joy Wax

Does anyone else use thix wax and how do you feel it performs for you?

I would suggest that you might be interested in all of the information that has been previously posted concerning this wax. If you type in Joy wax in the search box you will find a lot of information!

Joy is a container wax and it probably is too soft to make tarts. I would imagine it would get stuck to your tart molds. Many of us are former Joy wax users. I had major problems with it and received poor customer service when I reported the problem. It use to be my favorite wax! Maybe things have improved but I won't go back to it. Good luck to you!

Here are just a couple that I located

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50426&highlight=Joy+wax

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51508&highlight=Joy+wax

Man oh man. No way am I using joy for tarts. Funny you should mention this because I am having somewhat of a dilemma on what to use for my tarts. I personally think the harder the wax the better for tarts. They hold up better, and look better. I was using NG MP145 for my tarts, but just like the MP123 they quit carrying it. I asked them what they thought would be a good tart wax and they suggested the palm pillar or thier pillar of bliss. I'm still not sure though. Like I said the harder the better. I started out with the joy for containers, and then switched to the mp123 (which I loved). I've tried the j50, and the j223, and it was okay, but then you order container wax from here, tart wax from there, then over there is where you get your fragrance. Why oh why does it have to be this complicated??? So there, now that I have vented I hope I helped you with your question. To me joy is too messy for tarts, and they just don't look as eye appealing. My personal opinion.

I used Joy Wax for several years, before that I used the J50. I loved Joy Wax and still would if I could count on it always being the same. It clings nicely to the jars, smells great and burns very well. I do get some jar hang up with the intial couple of burns but it normally goes away as the candle burns down.

Laura

I started out with the joy for containers, and then switched to the mp123 (which I loved). I've tried the j50, and the j223, and it was okay

Just wanted to let you know that the "MP123" that NG carried actually was J-50! MP123 was their name for it. HTH

p.s. For what it is worth on the Joywax.....still debating with it. I have found a way to eliminate the huge craters I used to get, and REDUCE the frosting--but not completely eliminate frosting altogether. Lately I have gotten lucky and it has been a smaller spot that I can conceal with a label! :o Still a pain in the arse when you have cases of candles to pour and have to worry about cosmetic defects though. I love NG and always will, but I have used Joywax since the beginning and never had any problems until about a year ago.....it's like they changed the formulation of the wax or something! :confused:

That is interesting about the MP123. Hmmmmm, they have a WOW wax now, what do you suppose that is? Also, I can't help but wonder if these special candle wax formulations that some companies have are really just whatever we could buy from IGI, Cargill, whoever and just renamed for the company. There are just so many wax choices, too many in my opinion.....it is very confusing!