I am so excited!

foxhill

I have had a leaky water line for a week or so in my yard and when my plumber came to finish it up tonight I gave him a bar of soap to take home and wash with since he was filthy. He told me his wife is opening a gift/thrift type store with antiques etc. next weekend and they would be interested in my candles and soaps. He bought all of the soap I had made!!! His wife is coming by tomorrow to look at the candles and other products and see if she is interested in those as well! I am so excited! Their shop is near Massanutten Resort (about 7 minutes away) and he has taken fliers up to the resort and local restaurants for their opening. I am just too excited! Now I have to make my office area presentable because I have boxes everywhere from the riser co-op!

He just called me back and said he used my soap and loved it and wanted to know how many more bars he could get by next week! He also got wholesale prices on cases of candles! I'm trying to set up my office to sort of look like a showroom, putting out one of each warmer and candle shade etc. just in case!

I did get the office cleaned up and got a nice little display put out. His wife didn't make it today because their dog had to go to the vet, but he came back this evening and bought 17 bars of soap, 20 candles, 6 smelly jellies and 2 tubs of foaming bath butter to start with. He said he has a friend who can get the glass jars with the hinged glass lids for $0.50 each and if these sell well for them he wants to get a truckload (yeah you read that right) of those and have me make candles for him in those jars. I told him I would have to have a some to test first. Luckily he didn't take all of my candles because I have a show next week and I was afraid I was going to be up pouring all night for a week!

RIGHT ON!!!!!!!:yay: Did he just buy them outright? Or how did you work out the deal?

Sounds like you've got quite a bit of inventory on hand, that is good that you won't be staying up until all hours trying to revamp it for your upcoming show. ;)

I can't believe he can get those bail jars soooo cheaply!! :eek: I'm jealous! I love those jars, but they are a bit pricey.

Here's to a long lasting business relationship. :highfive:

I actually went ahead and gave him wholesale pricing even though he only bought half cases of 3 sizes and then the last two 16 oz. candles I had made. He is a very honest and trustworthy person and he doesn't charge outragious prices to fix things. He fixed our busted water line for $310 and the cheapest estimate from someone else I could get just to bring a backhoe in and dig the hole was $225, that didn't include actually fixing the problem or refilling the hole. He actually dug the hole by hand (about 15 feet by 4 feet deep) because he said it wasn't worth it to haul the backhoe over from the site its on now. He has done other work for us too, so I knew I could trust him.

Michi, if he gets a truckload of those jars I'll be sure to send some your way...there is no way in hellI can do a truckload of candles without taking a month off from work!