Eight Oil Neroli Swirl - Redux!

There are all kinds of things on the drawing board that I want to make (so much to soap, so little time!), but I've also started revisiting past recipes to re-stock! My very first CP soap (posted here) turned out to be a winner with me and the GF. Nice conditioning bar with a super scent.

I hit SoapCalc thinking I'd be updating this recipe with all I've learned in the meantime, but the changes are actually pretty minor. A few little oil tweaks, a touch more hardness, superfat decreased by a point. With some practice under my belt, this batch could mainly just turn out to be a little prettier and better made. I also know how to make nicer sized bars now.

Soaping went super smoothly and I did the very thin trace pour again. Hopefully it'll look spiffy when cut.

Screw the no-liner mold concept! If it's working for you, God bless. I still like my Doright mold, but a little extra work up front with freezer paper banishes all fuss and drama at de-molding time!

post-710-13945843163_thumb.jpg

post-710-139458431632_thumb.jpg

That it absolutely fab, reminds of creamsicles. Didn't it feel good to be able to duplicate something, that was my fear when I first started making soap, will I ever get the next batch to look anything like this one.

Love it...

Screw the no-liner mold concept! If it's working for you, God bless. I still like my Doright mold, but a little extra work up front with freezer paper banishes all fuss and drama at de-molding time!

Beautiful and creamy looking soap! What size mold is that? it looks as if your bars will require very little trimming if any. I've read some reviews on the doright molds and it was said that they don't hold the amount stated in the description, is this true?

Nice job! Do you like cutting the bars that way vs the normal way? I've been toying with the idea of cutting one like that just to see the difference.

Very pretty!

Thank you.

I love cutting them this way. For me the difference is night and day in bar satisfaction. For one thing I don't know how to get this spiffy type of swirl any other way. Also the dimensions are good and I like that the height of the pour only affects the bar thickness. Some variation there between batches isn't very noticeable and more acceptable to me. It's like treating the loaf as a double-decker slab.

You should probably give it a try sometime if the length of your mold divides up into a nice bar height. The only problem is if you want to take advantage of texture from pouring at a thicker trace, which I see you do sometimes whereas I've been content to make fully trimmed bars.

What size mold is that? it looks as if your bars will require very little trimming if any. I've read some reviews on the doright molds and it was said that they don't hold the amount stated in the description, is this true?

This mold makes 3 lbs of soap as the description says, but a few people have misread that as 3 lbs of oils. There are also larger Doright molds if you need one.