Craft Show Question

debscent

Sorry to ask this, and it may just be lack of sleep, but I have to ask. When you have a craft show, do you sell your votives in packs of 2, 4 or 6, or single? I'm debating on how to do this. As a consumer, I didn't mind buying them in groups (most of my candle holders held 2 or 3 votives).

This is my first craft show and I have 3 in 4 weeks, first one is this weekend. Any advice is appreciated.

I started out selling individual votives, but it was to time consuming to package them. I now sell them in a box of 6. Like you said, most people have holders that take more than one votive. If people just want to test a scent I tell them to try a tart, and hope that they have a tart burner. :undecided

We've got 'em packaged in groups of 12, 10, 6 and individually. The individuals tend to be the preference of people. On a few occasions there have been people who bought out a scent, but most of the people (probably 85 percent) buy the individuals for the variety.

My experience with votives at fairs wasn't good. I don't know if it was the mix of products or what (didn't have jars at the time, just pillars and melts), but I found more people just going for the votives and not the other candles. So I think they hurt my overall sales. I packaged them singly, then there was a 6 fer deal if they bought multiples.

Definately figure out a way to get people to buy so they're dropping at least $5 at a time before they leave your tent.

My experience with votives at fairs wasn't good. I don't know if it was the mix of products or what (didn't have jars at the time, just pillars and melts), but I found more people just going for the votives and not the other candles. So I think they hurt my overall sales. I packaged them singly, then there was a 6 fer deal if they bought multiples.

Definately figure out a way to get people to buy so they're dropping at least $5 at a time before they leave your tent.

this is an excellant point...

years before I started making candles.. I was a candle shopping addict..

in high end candles shops.. I would go for votives over higher priced containers or pillars.. it ws more affordable to grab the votives... if they had none.. well then I would get something else..

I am finding now tarts can hurt sales of the bigger stuff sometimes too:cry2:

That may be too late lol! ;) Good luck :)

Oh, that noticeable, huh? :P

I am offering 3 sizes of jars and clamshells mostly. My clamshells sell for $3.00 each, but I was going to do a 4 for $10.00. I know I couldn't pass that up as a shopper. I was a maniac if I could get ANY 2 for $10.00 deals. Plus, Delaware shoppers are very different from our surrouding states--no tax. LOL!

I sell mine individually -- $1.50 each or 4/$5. I also sell the votive holders (some plain, some decorated). At this last show I think I sold a set and a few individually.....and some w/ a glass holder. Mind you, this show sucked, so this was my 3rd most popular item. And yep, I think people like them because they are small.

and OMG they are a PAIN IN THE ASS to wrap!!! :)