My NG order arrived - here are my reviews

daniedb

Here are my reviews:

Ylang Ginger - not what I expected, but very good. It's a little fruity than I thought it would be, I imagined an earthy, sexy fragrance. It's got a little earthiness, but it's pretty sweet. Good, but a surprise.

Black Currant - very very very berry. Yummy, but not as earthy and complex as the red currant dupes on the market. I was hoping for a less sweet berry and more tart, ripe berry with other fall-ish undertones.

Gourmet Dark Chocolate - Oh. Mah. Gah. FABULOUS. The most incredible chocolate I've tried. I'm planning to put it in my bath melts, so I can't testify to wax performance.

Christmas Splendor - Good OOB, but I'm expecting more from it in wax based on your reviews. I'm withholding judgment until then. Right now, it's kind of meh, but again, that's just OOB and we all know how they change.

Precious Gifts - very happy with this one! It's earthy, and is exactly like it's described - I'm very excited about selling this one.

Hot Baked Apple Pie - I hate all apple pies OOB, and this one's no different. Somehow they morph into a real smelling dessert, but right now, it's plastic and not yummy. Again, withholding judgment.

Chai Tea - WOW! Faboo! You can really smell the sweetened milk, but it's still only an undertone, it's a great mix. Very complex and wonderful! Big fan!

Acorn Harvest - nothing special on its own, but it's a fabulous mixer, very handy to have on hand to add a nutty note to some too-sweet holiday FOs.

Apple Jack & Peel - dead-on dupe. Great.

Fresh Sq Oranges - Great. Very fresh and orangey, and not too sickly sweet, just a nice orangey fruity smell.

There you go!

• 4 years later...

It would certainly be helpful if you would state what wax, wicks, and containers (if any) you used. Also, I assign my throw results numbers from 1 - 10, with 10 being the best. Some indication of how these throw in your wax is really all that matters.

I don't ever use NG, but I believe they have scent descriptions on their site. Can you tell us usage results and not just give scent descriptions please?

This is another one of those very old posts (2005) that got drug up. Most of the previous posters no longer post here.

Haha, I didn't even notice that.

My point, however, hasn't changed. Mere scent descriptions and out-of-bottle reviews do absolutely nothing. I fear my point is lost, though.

NG rocks my socks!!!

Thanks for posting the reviews on those....some I hadn't yet tried so was curious!

Have to agree with you on the Precious Gifts...bought a sample with my last order...YUMMO! Already a big fan of their Chai Tea!!

Christmas Splendor, though...my vote goes to TCS!!