lol The clerk thinks I'm nuts

jaybyrd

:laugh2: I picked up a couple of jars of baby-food carrots with my groceries Friday, and the checkout clerk said "How old's your baby?" When I said I didn't have kids, I was going to use it to make soap, there was this long pause; then she said, like she couldn't trust her ears, "Soap??"

"Yup," I said happily.

"Why would - where did you learn THAT?"

"Well, it's great for your skin. You know, like cucumber..."

"Uh-huh." (crazy-lady, aisle nine!)

I suppose I could have just let her think I have a kid, but considering I only got the 2 tiny jars and the rest of my cart was full of things like lard, crisco, vodka, baking soda, 4 kinds of chili peppers and frozen veg, she'd probably have called social services.

Let her think what she wants.

As a convience store clerk...I wonder about some customers and what they buy. The thing that really drives me nuts is the people that put $5.00 of gas in their car about 4 times a day. Why bother....it only gets you 1 1/2 gallons...if that.

Anyway...you know what you are doing with the baby food.

Waahhh! I used to put $5 of gas in my car. And it lasted me a week.

I've never been a checkout clerk but I've looked at other people's purchases while standing in line and wondered what they would need 300 lbs of potatoes for. Jeri, that's funny how she thought you were weird/crazy. I've bought cases of canning jars before and been asked what type of jam I'm making, only to tell them it's for candles. :D

LOL I found OO at Big lots and decided to stock up on it and the cashier asked me if I could cook with it!:shocked2: I said yes of course I can, but I'm buying it to make soap! should have seen the expression on her face. She looked so confused:laugh2: I must have had the same expression when she asked if i could cook with it:laugh2:

hehe, I got that before I found my castor oil source... local pharmacies don't carry it anymore. I asked a lot of people, and got a lot of responses ranging from simply puzzled to concern for my health ("Do you know that stuff can kill you?!" "Uhm, I'm not going to drink it...")

Wish I could buy my vodka and groceries at the same store.

...but considering I only got the 2 tiny jars and the rest of my cart was full of things like lard, crisco, vodka, baking soda, 4 kinds of chili peppers and frozen veg, she'd probably have called social services.

Wish I could buy my vodka and groceries at the same store.

Interesting how different things are between regions, let alone between countries. I was surprised and envious to see people here can get things like bulk CO at Wal-Mart. All they offer in my area is butt-ugly clothing and parking lot car dings. :(

Interesting how different things are between regions, let alone between countries. I was surprised and envious to see people here can get things like bulk CO at Wal-Mart. All they offer in my area is butt-ugly clothing and parking lot car dings. :(

:awww: I completely feel you.

Jeri, not everyone is so lucky. I don't have a walmart in my area, and everything has to be shipped in except for jelly jars for my candles which I can get locally. But at least everything can be shipped from domestically, unlike in Jadryga's case.

ditto.

I have no idea what a care package is but it sounds nice :yes:

They were originally relief packages sent out by the humanitarian group C.A.R.E. shortly after WWII, & now the term is just used for any pkg of needed (or not!) goodies.

What make this even more appropriate - I looked it up on Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CARE_Package , and they list the original contents of the packages, and I've seen just about every item used in soaping or B&B ingredients. :laugh2: Except for the Spam, but personally I think you could probably use that as a drain cleaner right out of the can.