glue dot troubles

ok, I have these glue dots. I put them on my wick, stick them to the bottom of the jar, put in the wax and they come loose. My first attempt I used these and burned the candle and the wicks came loose while burning...What is going on with these..Do I have to put the heat gun on the bottom of the glass to melt these things or what..

any suggestions

gluedots.jpg

I use the Zots glue dots from a scrapbooking store. Now I see WalMart has them. Anyway...I use either the pointed end of my thermometer or a pen end to push the wick tab down all the way around it.

Then I pull on the wick to make sure it is secure. Sometimes with palm wax, it will still come loose. But with Soy, I don't have any problems.

I use the 3D glue dots and haven't had a problem. Just use a pen or something to push down on it to make sure it's secure. I like them a lot. Can get them at like Hobby Lobby or Walmart or wherever, they're pretty common.

I use glue dots (at least I think that's what they're called. They are double-sided stickers) from BCN and they work really well. In fact, they can be stubborn to pull off when I'm testing.

Maybe you need to clean your jars first? Sometimes my glue gun would not work when my jars were not clean. HTH

I use glue dots (at least I think that's what they're called. They are double-sided stickers) from BCN and they work really well. In fact, they can be stubborn to pull off when I'm testing.

Maybe you need to clean your jars first? Sometimes my glue gun would not work when my jars were not clean. HTH

Nope, those are called wick-stickums and they are awesome. Have used them for years and never, ever had a problem.

I also think glue-dots suck.

I use the ones from Bitter Creek, also. I find that if I use a little window cleaner on a paper towel and wipe the inside of the jar where the wick will stick - it works great. Just make sure that the spot has dried before putting the glue dot down.

Hi. Didn't work for my wicks...great for the kids to use with foam shapes. Also, I tried using them to cover the wick hole on pillars. I use about five or six of them and smosch (word? lol) them around the wick and so far have had very scant leakage. At least they will eventually get used up! They peel off of the wick pretty good too. Hope you find some use for them. Beth

Nope, those are called wick-stickums and they are awesome. Have used them for years and never, ever had a problem.

I also think glue-dots suck.

Ahh, thank you, I wasn't sure! Well, I definitely recommend the wick-stickums!

I've used glue dots for years, and never had a problem. I stick them into cold or warm jars, and pour away. I've never had a customer complain about wicks moving, and i've never noticed moving wicks in our tests.

It's possible during the manufacturing process of your jars, there is a residue that is not compatible.

Back when I wrapped the wick around a skewer on top of the jar, I pulled rather hard, and very seldom did they come loose.

If you don't want them, ship them to me. I'll use them.

Fredron

Glue dots didn't work for me either, especially not in tins. I tried all the tips to get them to work...still came loose. The wick stickers work so much better. There are several suppliers that have them, they are sticky foam circles...never had one come up yet!

I had that brand of glue dots and they wouldn't stick at all. I hand wash every glass container and it wasn't film on the glass. I pour around 160 and they still floated. I use high temp glue sticks and that works great. Haven't had a wick move in years. Those glue dots can help when you do gift baskets.

I hate glue dots. I use the wick stickums, they are wonderful. I don't like Bittercreeks, because you have to remove each tab. The fastest ones are the ones 20 to a page. Alot of companies carry those. Just don't make the mistake of using wick stickums to stick everything to the wall, etc. They take the finish off. Found out the hard way.:grin2: