July Candle Challenge

Alright, folks. Let's do a candle challenge and tap into everyone's creative side. Especially those who make candles for business, sometimes you get caught in that slump of not having fun with wax anymore.

So this month, let us use Sunflowers as a source of inspiration. I found this beautiful picture of a sunflower (sorry link not working -- It is third from last on this wallpaper site). Let the colors inspire - blues, greens, white clouds... the sunflower, of coarse ;)

Color restrictions: must stay in the colors of blue, green, white and yellow -- and brown (that's the "challenge").

You can "sign-up" anytime this month and submit your picture to this thread at any time.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Want me to send you some? Oh wait, then I couldn't play!

Ha ha, no thanks, you've sent me enough stuff recently - I'll try to do something even if I have to use old scrap wax lol - I'm sure you'll beat the pants off of me anyhow - Maybe I'm just playing chicken :P

Ha ha, no thanks, you've sent me enough stuff recently - I'll try to do something even if I have to use old scrap wax lol - I'm sure you'll beat the pants off of me anyhow - Maybe I'm just playing chicken :P

Oh I so doubt it! But I have an idea in mind and a lack of time to get it done lol!

I'm creatively challenged, so I will look forward to seeing what you all submit. Judy I'm sure it will be beautiful and Scented...you make me want to only pour wax melts with your creativity. LOL!

I'm creatively challenged, so I will look forward to seeing what you all submit. Judy I'm sure it will be beautiful and Scented...you make me want to only pour wax melts with your creativity. LOL!

Ha, I heard that. I'm totally going to have to push myself a bit, since I can't remember the last time I made a candle just for "fun" and hobby. I've lost that inspiration I guess. But I'm going to give it a go.

I think I'm interested. How does this work? Can it be pillars & jars, canes, anything, or just pillars? Then submit photo here and that's it? Please excuse my ignorance, I've never participated in anything on here yet :wink2:.

Yes, yes, pillars, jars -- whatever kind of candle you'd like. With emphasis on fun and creativity. It is an excuse to use a mold you haven't used for a while, a technique or whatever!!