Thanks Trish

sharyl55

Oh Sharyl....those are sooooooooooo festive. I am sure that Martha would approve and want to make them herself!!!!!! and OMG you just gave me the most incredible idea......I make my "Party Votives" with cut outs of hearts, stars, moons, christmas trees sticking out of the top....then sprinkle with glitter......well.....a big tourist gift store has me make them without the cute little cut outs because they have tour buses come in and the kids pick them off.....well.....I never thought of doing them like yours....now Mitchie's Tavern can have really cute voties....Yeah!!!!!!! See how cool this board is? I am going to make some today...thanks for the nifty idea......Donita

OMG Donita, you made my day. Didn't think I'd ever has a new idea for you. Usually I'm trying to copy you.

Chris, instruction for making votives are on the left under Basic Instructions. I make the cutouts pretty thin and use a hot metal skewer to make a hole for the wick. I slip the cut out over the wick pin when I make the 2nd pour. Guess you could wait and do it after the votive has cooled too. Just use your heat gun to melt the top of the votive so the cut out sticks.