Mixing patchouli with...

ubure

....yes, with what else??? A customer wants to have an oriental, spicy scent with patchouli in it, something for men that also is great for fall and winter:confused:.

I've already tred a mixture of CC's Patchouli Dreams, KY's Southern Vanilla and JBN's Arabian Spice which seems to be quite okay, but as I am no big fan of pachouli I cannot quite judge what is a great scent for patchouli lovers and what not....

Do you have any ideas or bestseller mixtures?

Thank you!!;)

seems like i seen a cinnamon patchouli somewhere so you could try alittle cinnamon. i like it mixed with vanilla bean. maybe orange clove. i have only tried the vanilla bean so i don't know about the other two. good luck

Patchouli and lavender is nice! I have a male customer who's hooked on this soap. It's the only soap he uses anymore-even takes it with him on vacation and business travel.

Patchouli and oakmoss is nice as well.

Have you tried going to this site for some blending ideas?

http://www.rainbowmeadow.com/infocenter/calc_eoblend/blendselect.php

It's for essential oil blending, but it can give you inspiration for FOs as well.

Flickers has a Patchouli Honey & it is great. I really am not a Patchouli fan, but after reading some great reviews on this one & hearing how other people who don't care for Patch liked this one, I had to try it. It is really nice! So if you have a honey scent, try mixing that with it.

Flickers has a Patchouli Honey & it is great. I really am not a Patchouli fan, but after reading some great reviews on this one & hearing how other people who don't care for Patch liked this one, I had to try it. It is really nice! So if you have a honey scent, try mixing that with it.

Hmmm...I wonder what patchouli and SW Tupelo Honey would be like....

Patchouli usually needs something sweet to overpower the musky dirt smell.

Sweet Orange usually works well. I like the idea of honey too. Pinapple would be another yummy one. I have smelled some Patchouli mixed with raspberry and its great. So i would start playing with some sweet fruit FOs you have in your cupboard.

But when you mix it, I wouldnt do straigh 50/50 blend. Go with a 2 to 1 blend, 1 being the Patchouli.

Many, many thank s to all of you - what excellent mixing ideas!!:yay:

I guess I will try them all, maybe in the end I will like patchouli...

Thank you, Brenda, for the link, it's a very useful and nice site!

I have an oz of Tupelo Honey which I will have a use for now;) .

Soapfreak,

I live in Bavaria (where Füssen is as well) where our King Ludwig built his fairytale castles (he was a kind of strange guy, you know) - but you're right, it's an amazing castle in an amazing environment. I'm glad you liked it here!

Many, many thank s to all of you - what excellent mixing ideas!!:yay:

I guess I will try them all, maybe in the end I will like patchouli...

Thank you, Brenda, for the link, it's a very useful and nice site!

I have an oz of Tupelo Honey which I will have a use for now;) .

Soapfreak,

I live in Bavaria (where Füssen is as well) where our King Ludwig built his fairytale castles (he was a kind of strange guy, you know) - but you're right, it's an amazing castle in an amazing environment. I'm glad you liked it here!

OMG, we flew into Zurich but traveled to Fussen and that was the highlight of our trip! We stayed at a "Zimmer Fri?" Bed & breakfast close to the castle and could see it lit up at night from our room balcony. We remember eating a pizza from downtown Fussen that was made by a little Italian girl throwing the dough up in the air. We also remember the fountain in town that had big marble balls that twirled from the water on top of pillars.

We want to go back so bad! Oh we ate at that restaurant between the castles and had the best apple streudel and vanilla ice cream we ever ate!

Oh bummers I missed out.

Patchouli with some jasmine, basil or pine.

If you had some sandalwood, a patch/sandalwood, jasmine would be good. You might even try some of that arabian spice with patch and sandalwood.

Or just patch, sandalwood and the arabian spice. Have any amber? I am thinking a patch, sandalwood and amber mix with a hint of exotic (jasmine or ylang, ylang) would be great, maybe even a touch of rose or orange.

Got any teas that might be able to slip in there?

I just remembered one more blend that I've made a couple of times: Patch/Oakmoss/Green Apple. Patch can be mixed with just about anything to perk up a light FO, tone down a heavy floral or just give a nice base note.

Oh bummers I missed out.

Patchouli with some jasmine, basil or pine.

If you had some sandalwood, a patch/sandalwood, jasmine would be good. You might even try some of that arabian spice with patch and sandalwood.

Or just patch, sandalwood and the arabian spice. Have any amber? I am thinking a patch, sandalwood and amber mix with a hint of exotic (jasmine or ylang, ylang) would be great, maybe even a touch of rose or orange.

Got any teas that might be able to slip in there?

Thanks Scented, that's great! And: yes, I do have some teas: CC Peony White Tea, SW Earl Grey and Honey, SW Keemun Black Iced Tea - any of these suitable?

First of all, thank you once more for your ceativity and your sharing - you're the best!:yay: :yay: :yay:

Now I really have to print the whole thread in order not to miss a single combination;) .

Green Apple, Sweet Pea and all the other delicious things....I bet my customer will be speechless!

Thanks Scented, that's great! And: yes, I do have some teas: CC Peony White Tea, SW Earl Grey and Honey, SW Keemun Black Iced Tea - any of these suitable?

I know I should switch my handle back to scented, but what's the Keemun black iced tea like? That and the SW Earl Grey and honey ... I have tried either so I don't know, but some teas can be subtle yet add a punch.

I know I should switch my handle back to scented, but what's the Keemun black iced tea like? That and the SW Earl Grey and honey ... I have tried either so I don't know, but some teas can be subtle yet add a punch.

The black iced tea is extremely natural and true, strong black tea with a lump of cane sugar and abit of lemon, with lots of ice cubes, refreshing!

Yeah, very cute avatar:grin2: