China Rain - Burn Pics

Hi, these are a few of the burn pics of the "cat´s eye" candle I made some time ago. This was using a 15 flat ply. Due to the shape this candle is never going to be a great burn, but I was quite happy with it. I also tried one with a 18 flat, and the gap was a bit bigger, but threatened to spill over the sides. I know some people will consider this a waste of wax due to what is left over, but I would appreciate any comments you may have. By the way, I did try this as a forever candle, but the sides cracked near the edges of the t-lite cup! Thanks.

post-3166-139458428638_thumb.jpg

post-3166-139458428643_thumb.jpg

post-3166-139458428646_thumb.jpg

I think it's great, it can't burn evenly as a round pillar but I think you find the perfect wick for it!!

Congratulations I really love it and it's nice burning that way!

Thanks Sabrina. The cold throw was amazing and a friend saw this burning and said she would never burn a candle like that, so maybe more people will not burn it - but I hate that - rather burn it and enjoy the candle glow. Sarah

It's so COOL!! I wonder if you tragically underwicked it and allowed it to tunnel if you could use a tea light in the bottom... I do that a lot with palm pillars and I sure do enjoy the glow! I have shells everywhere... gonna have to have a used candle sale!:laugh2:

I know some people will consider this a waste of wax due to what is left over, but I would appreciate any comments you may have.

Sarah, it's not a waste of wax if you enjoy it. I make myself a foliating candle now and then...lots of wax left over but what the hey!!...I just remelt it and use it in something else like tarts or wickless container.

I was thinking the same thing about it being beautiful with a small tea light burning inside. I bet that would produce a pretty glow! If your making it for yourself and you like the candle burning that way then you should stick with it. Since you asked for opinions I would rather see it with a tea light inside, if that is even possible. If I burned it the way it is shown in the photo it would bug me because I would feel I am wasting most of the wax. JMO It is a very pretty candle and I love your colors!

I think it burned just fine. These are truly beautiful candles... You can't burn an oval like that and expect it to behave. I'll bet that a customer would just use it for home decor and never burn it unless they had a power outage. I love that mold. My new ones aren't as skinny as yours. I want to have some made for me. Where is Pourette when I need them???????????????? Donita

I Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!! What would happen if you wicked down and put 2 or 3 wicks in??

I was definately thinking 3 wicks would make this candle phenom. The mold is great, especially what was done with it.

How do you add 3 wicks to a mold that just has one hole? Hehe. One day I'll make a post without a How-do-you-do-THAT?? question in it.