Crafty1

Which works best from a customer's stand point  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which works best from a customer's stand point

• Foamer
    • Lotion Pump
    • Disc Cap
    • Aluminium Caps

I plan to roll out some liquid soap in the Fall. I would like to be able to market it as a two in one product. As a hand soap or as a body wash. I would like you guys input on packaging.

Foamers*

Pump*

Disc Cap

Aluminium Caps

* I am leaning towards these two because the person doesn't have to pick the bottle up to use, they can just pump from where ever it is sitting

Weeel, the title of your post is Bodywash/Hand Soap. For body wash I like the disk cap. For hand soap I like a pump (foamer for my kids, they use less).

Interesting idea, but I keep my bodywash in the shower and I wash my hands at the sink so I really need different packaging for different places...

I'm w/ Carebear...

Disc tops are cheap, they look nice and are convenient to use...

Foamers are nifty and exciting...... that's what I use for my childrens line as well. This is what we use in our capital bldg... less waste and less mess.

I like the ellegance (sp?) of pumps but they can be messy... aluminum caps. Hmm... expensive right? Iwas looking at these, but not worth the hastle and price... www.sks-bottle.com is where I looked.

I get my disc bottles from specialtybottle.com and foamers from Forsoapmakers.com

I like the disc caps as long as the bottles are squeezable. If not, they are a pain to use unless the soap is almost water thin. I also like pumps in the shower as well at the sink. Foamers were made for kids so I agree with that as well as using it for shaving cream.

I like the disc caps as long as the bottles are squeezable. If not, they are a pain to use unless the soap is almost water thin. I also like pumps in the shower as well at the sink. Foamers were made for kids so I agree with that as well as using it for shaving cream.

excellent point about the squeezable bottles.

I agree with the disc in the shower / foamer for hands split. Pumps & foamers in the shower kind of require a dedicated caddy.

Hey, how about marketing it capped with the disc, but with a pump attached so people have the choice how they want to use it?

Jeri

I agree with the disc in the shower / foamer for hands split. Pumps & foamers in the shower kind of require a dedicated caddy.

Hey, how about marketing it capped with the disc, but with a pump attached so people have the choice how they want to use it?

Jeri

good thought! i think i am gonna just keep is seperate like everyone suggested by doing the disc caps for the gel and pump of hand soap. or maybe i will just do the gel for the time

Guess I'm an odd ball. I like a pump. I like to just put one hand under the (I don't know what it is...where the stuff comes out. All I can think of is the nose. :embarasse ) and hit the top of the pump with the other hand. When my hands are dirty I don't want to mess with a lid and most foamers are so small they need two hands.

I would prefer a pump even for the shower. As far as having a dedicated caddie, don't you usually have a place where you put your bottle of shower/body wash anyway? I have some shampoo with a pump and I love the convenience, don't even have to pick the bottle up!:cheesy2:

My vote is for a pump for shower.... slippery hands yanno. Seems easier than to have to pick it up. I generally prefer pumps for everything. And I love love love foamers for hand soap and it would probably be nice for shower gel too, but my only concern would be if it would be too easily washed away in foam form. Maybe that's silly, not sure, lol. Some hands soaps are so light and airy, i'd think the shower spray would get to it before I could spread it. But if it's thicker like shaving foam I guess it would work the same and as well. I work in a brand name cosmetic company which sells pumps for 1$. Just because of this very reason. Some will prefer it while other's won't. But it's a nice add on to offer to your customers.

I love the foamer for the sink and shower. If you think about it, it is a great cost saving, if you can find the foamers cheap. And it lasts longer for the customer. But people are definitely particular about how their soap is packaged. Very individual preference.