wooden mold liner

katshe

Here is what I did last night

I took some of that craft foam sheets and cut it to line my wooden mold

The soap just popped out, (I did a rebatch to try it out) couldn't believe how simple that was,

Just rinse off the sheets , dry and use again.

Just thought I'd share

Yes, I just cut the four sides and a bottom. It is so easy to use. I did get a bit of funky foam indents the first time I just it, but then it cleared up with no indents. I also have used mineral oil to help seal the edges.

Ann M

Is there anyone willing to share a photo of this liner while in the mold? I really dislike lining molds too..ugh. But which is better, the mylar or this stuff?

I could post a pic later but mine are ulgy black , but I will post a pic here today.:)

I seal the edges at all corners where the foam comes together. I also use them for cpop with no problems. I love not using freezer paper and having to cut, size and fit for each batch.

Ann M

I have tried using these a couple times now and I've had some issues. The first time they left a bubbly texture on the outside edges of the soap and the second time (differrent brand) the color of the foam came off on the soap, but no bubbled texture. Anyone else have these problems?

I wonder if it depends on the quality of the foam??

So all 4 sides and the bottom are seperate pieces?? I know I'm sounding thick here as its been repeated but it seems like it would leak and sealing it w/ an oil wouldn't help.

:confused:

I think when I try lining the mold with a plastic bag first to protect the mold and then I may try the lime green foam since that seems to be what is shown in the picture. There could be to issues with colors running, one being the soap will stain the foam or the foam will stain the soap. There is also differen thicknesses of foam and quality too. Time for more experimenting and testing.:(

I wonder if it depends on the quality of the foam??

So all 4 sides and the bottom are seperate pieces?? I know I'm sounding thick here as its been repeated but it seems like it would leak and sealing it w/ an oil wouldn't help.

:confused:

You need to pour at medium trace so that it doesn't leak. The foam pieces fit very snuggly in the mold. When sealing the edges you can only use mineral oil as it will not saponify or hurt the raw soap.

All 4 sides and the bottom are separate pieces. I just measured my mold and used my paper cutter to cut. I think the foam from Walmart is the best. It isn't as thick as the ones I bought from Michaels. I was thrilled to have a use for this foam. I had bought sheets of it years ago when my son was young and into craft projects. I'm glad I held onto it and had a use for it.

Ann M

I used a large sheet of funky foam for my log mold cut to length and stuck it in the mold and creased the edges where the bottom and sides come together. Then cut 2 end pieces so that makes 3 pieces for my log mold. In other words, I used one large sheet down one side across the bottom and up the other side. Much easier than cutting seperate sides and a bottom for me.