Autumn Harvest Pillars

DanaE

This is 4045H wax, with 3 tablespoons of stearic per lb of wax, 1 ounce of FO and 1/4 teaspoon of UV per lb.

Here are a few I made yesterday. Just got the pyramid molds and I'm having a ball with them!

I'm going to put the pics in several posts so they'll show up and you won't have to click on a link....

DanaE

post-296-139458381494_thumb.jpg

If you fill it to the top it'll hold around 6 lbs or so. I usually make these 4 lbs. I've found that filling the mold to the top just makes the candle look weird....hard to explain. The line I stop at is perfect for me so I do it to that point every time.

DanaE

LOL! I have one large wax melter and one presto pot. When I'm pouring the layers cool I can just about empty the presto then refill it with small pieces of wax and have the wax melted and ready to go when it's time for the next layer. (love my hammer - I beat that wax to death, into little pieces so they melt faster). So all day long I drain the presto and add more, drain and add more.

The other melter holds my OK6228 and since I only did 24 votives, 3 pillars and about 25 tarts I didn't have to drain it and refill it........

DanaE

I bought them at candlesandsupplies.com - initially they sent me the wrong size stands for the molds, so I wasn't able to use them until yesterday, when I received the right size.

I love them - I like anything that isn't round. Six or seven years of doing round pillars is enough!

DanaE