what I'm working on

Hi, these are the first ten pillar of heighty I have to make for a wedding.

Feathering palm wax and St Nick's lane FO form JS.

Some will be in other colors, this is the first combination, white and ruby red. The other will be orange and white, sunshine yellow and white, ruby red and sunshine yellow. Eeek I have to do calculations of how many in ecah color I have to pour!!

Sorry for the pic but I have no place to put all the pillars and take a shot other than the kitchen table!

Thanks for looking!

post-1267-139458427283_thumb.jpg

ehm ehm

I got the molds from pourette I don't know if you can find some around!

they are difficult only because of the leveling part. I made some with paraffin and since as we know paraffin tend to sink in the middle it's hard to do a repour and end with two nice halves..

This are made with palm wax. It doesn't sink in the centerso in some way it's easier. The problem now is that it doesn't do a completely clean cut as paraffin does. and it's brittle so in sharp angles it can break.

Sure this mold makes a great effect but after this big order I'm not sure I will propose again this type of candle. it requires a lot of work!

Those are lovely - lucky customers!

Could you explain this? I'm always up for a new tip or idea... I hate levelling candles!:)

Ok this works if you are poring on a level surface and I don't use wick pins!

I noticed a little rim of the wax against mold sides, just a picnh tallest that pillar's bottom. so after having filled the reliefe holes I poured another time until the bottom was completely covered and that rim almost completely covered... hope it makes sense. SO in this way I covered all the imperfections of the holes repour and I got an even and beautiful bottom. Hope this makes sense!!

Sabrina...you have done an excellent job.....people will love them. I know that using two part molds takes a lot of work.....I quit doing them. The colors are very pretty also. Hugs, Big Sister Donita