Birds of Paradise

kaydee

I'm still on the search for a good Bird of Paradise. I love Circle E's and Daystar's is dead on but I can't get a good enough throw in C-3. JBN has a good one also but the throw is not super strong either. I tried BCS and I didn't really care for it. I tried mixing Strawberries n Cream and Pomegranate and it's okay but not what I'm looking for. The closest thing I have found to Circle E's BofP with a good throw is NG's Best Friends. Everyone loves this one and it throws great! Strawberry scents are a challenge for me!

I just received a sample of this from Peaks. How would you compare NG's and JBN's to Peaks....if you have tried Peaks? I have never tested a Bird of Paradise fragrance. Out of bottle I am not sure if I like it this type of scent a whole lot, but I will not judge it completely until I get it in wax.

Thanks, I am burning Peaks right now and it smells wonderful but isn't as strong as I'd like. I'm going to try your mixtures girls and see what I can come up with. As always I appreciate your thoughts! Kaydee

Only one I ever tried was NG's...it worked...customers love it...never tried to fix what wasn't broke. If you'd like to try it I can check my inventory on Tuesday and see how much I have in stock and send you an ounce.

Sorry Orleans Lady that it has taken me a little time to get back to this thread to respond to you.....company visiting from out-of-town. Thank you for offering to send a sample. I will run a test of Peaks, and if I don't like it, I will take you up on the offer if it is convenient for you. I just found a sample of Bird of Paradise from Aroma Haven. I forgot I had that one. I think Peaks and AH smell pretty similiar but not totally sure until I get them both in wax.

Thanks again for the reponse and offer to send some. I will post my results when I get them poured and tested. :)

How rude of company to interfere with your on line chat time....:laugh2: After what CM said I may have to try BCS when my current one is out. I'll write myself a note to check tomorrow just in case you need it or just in case I need to order some. I may also try Anna's recipe to make my own!

A reason to experiment is always a good thing! Maybe I should submit that one to Martha! :yay:

• 5 months later...
I thought I had re-ordered this from BCS and got the one from NG. It smells awful! Isn't it supposed to be sweet?

*bump*

Isn't it supposed to be sweet? I'm freaking out. I have an order to fill and it doesn't smell the same.

Does BCS and NG's Bird of Paradise smell the same??????

I got a sample from Greenleaf a while back. Not waxed it though but it really smells strong and good oob. Never smelled it anywhere else.

I'm in a panic. It doesn't smell like BCS! I ordered from the wrong company, but I, at least, thought they would be the same. NG's description says the same thing, but this bottle does not have one iota of sweet in it.

I thought I remembered NG's Birds of Paradise being a floral, so I checked the scent description. It is--there's a flower called Bird of Paradise and I think that's what the NG FO is, whereas the BCS is a dupe of the Circle E fragrance.

Here are their descriptions:

NG--An absolutely wonderful floral aroma with base notes of fresh fruits

BCS--A smooth blend of strawberries & cream with a powerful pomegranate punch!

I've tried BCS's and it's good, but I really like the blend better--I use the same recipe as Anna and think it's great. It doesn't have to be the specific company's strawberry, vanilla, and pomegranate that she mentioned, I've used several different ones and the blend has always been good.

Maybe you can blend your own to get through this crunch. HTH,

Jane

I thought I remembered NG's Birds of Paradise being a floral, so I checked the scent description. It is--there's a flower called Bird of Paradise and I think that's what the NG FO is, whereas the BCS is a dupe of the Circle E fragrance.

Here are their descriptions:

NG--An absolutely wonderful floral aroma with base notes of fresh fruits

BCS--A smooth blend of strawberries & cream with a powerful pomegranate punch!

I've tried BCS's and it's good, but I really like the blend better--I use the same recipe as Anna and think it's great. It doesn't have to be the specific company's strawberry, vanilla, and pomegranate that she mentioned, I've used several different ones and the blend has always been good.

Maybe you can blend your own to get through this crunch. HTH,

Jane

Thank you, Jane.

The NG bottle I got smelled horrible! It was like Off bug spray. Lord, I shouldn't have poured it when I smelled it, but I thought maybe it would change in the wax. Yuck!!!

Needless to say, I did call. They were as shocked as I was, but readily refunded my money, so I'm happy. I love NG!!!

I went ahead and ordered from BCS because I am desperate and was supposed to have the order finished today!!!! Now I have to wait a few more days.

Oh well, this lady waited patiently for me to test and get a Leather that I liked, so I guess the others will have to wait too!