Maybe pretty...maybe not so pretty

I made another batch of Peaks Blackberry Tea and this scent has really grown on me, it smells so clean. I used my log mold and I have no idea what I was trying to do here with the color but it's weird. I tried what MaryAnne suggested with using a skewer to give the top texture and it does have cool texture. Thanks MaryAnn. :highfive:

post-62-139458426776_thumb.jpg

post-62-139458426777_thumb.jpg

But what are you lining your mold with to leave all those creases? Do you trim the sides or leave it like that?

Oh, I'm paper challanged so I don't make liners. :o I don't normally use this log mold, I use my 9bar Kelsei but I needed more for this swap so I used my Target mold. I'm putting a larger mold on my b-day list so hopefully I can get a new one.

BEAUTIFUL (LUV the coloring and the texture) !!!!!! :drool: This scent sounds yummy!!!

LOL I have the same problem sometimes when I line the same mold- but boy does that mold make the PERFECT size bar. You just need to sit down one night when you have nothing to do (haha) and make the "perfect" liner for that mold, then duplicate that key/sample about 30x.... I did that the other night for 2 differ molds and its so nice not having to cut a liner everytime. What do you use on the ends- contact paper??

I forgot to say that I use a bag for my liner. I just lay it in and try to make it as smooth as I can but that is impossible. If I were to sell soap I would not do it this way but for quick test batches I don't care.

Looks pretty!

NOthing wrong with a bag. Just trim the sides, right ;) Great for sniffie samples then perhaps.

I agree completely.. I use a bag still for all of my log molds, and you only have to trim a teeny bit.. it's no more clean up that one would normally have to do on a bar, and it's cheap and very easy to just pull the log right out of the mold.

There is only the two ends to trim and potentially a few of the sides of the bars but really there is not much to trim at all. I try to smooth it out as much as possible but the corners and short ends are the hardest to keep creases out.