Pitiful me!

Ok, I know this sounds pitiful but I received my candle kit yesterday and I just got done pouring my first candle....I found myself pacing the kitchen chanting..."it's almost time to pour, it's almost time to pour" as i was checking the temp gauge:embarasse. My house smells so wonderful right now!! I hope I did it right and I hope it smells this great when I burn it!!

I am sure all of you veterens are thinking....what an idiot!! But i just had to share my first pouring experience!!!

Overly excited about first pour,

Cindy

Hope it all turn out for you, first pours are exciting and can be a disappointment also. What scent did you pour? Oh, welcom to the addiction. Now I have to go to work, and I'd rather stay home and play with wax, but GOOD LUCK to you on your adventure! DEE

lolol, I know the feeling well. I'm still like it now a few months down the line.

I wake up and my first thought is what am I making today, instead of what are the kids having for breakfast ;)

any spare minute I get, I'm thinking, wonder if I have time to... lol

welcome, its addictive, but great fun

Ok, now I am nervous what can I anticipate to go wrong? I got my kit from Moon Glow and I made a couple of the small metal container candles with Mullberry my favorite scent!! I hope I don't get dissappointed!! Oh well if I do I will just move on to the next try!!

Cindy

Ok, now I am nervous what can I anticipate to go wrong? I got my kit from Moon Glow and I made a couple of the small metal container candles with Mullberry my favorite scent!! I hope I don't get dissappointed!! Oh well if I do I will just move on to the next try!!

Cindy

The first 2 things would be...

1. Poor cold throw - Not very strong scent when you smell the candle cold.

2. Very poor / light hot throw - Can not smell or very little scent when the candle is lit. Could be the wax is not a good formula. The scent not good quality or not enough scent in the wax (average is 1oz per 1lb of wax). Could be the wrong size or type of wick.

Just some things to look for.

Good Luck & Welcome to the candle addiction.

You'd think that would all be figured out when you buy a kit..lol. We will wait and see, so far so good except the top of my candles look a little crumbley I guess you would call it that.

Have a great evening!! Tomorrow I am going to make some vanilla candles...lol!! I have my daughters kindergarten graduation tonight or else I would make some more tonight.

Cindy

You'd think that would all be figured out when you buy a kit..lol.

If it were only that easy. :laugh2: Then we wouldn't spend months and years testing.

Think of a candle kit more along the lines of a science kit rather than a crochet kit. You'll do some experimenting to see what works, as opposed to follow the pattern and have a bootie. ;)

Candle making: It's not a job, it's an adventure :)

Congratulations on your first pour:yay: Hopefully I'll be doing the same thing soon! I'm just going to live vicariously through you for the moment. Work is currently interferring with my recreational pursuits:p

Congrats on your first pour.

Having done my first pour only acouple of weeks I ago, I can totally understand your energy. I bet even the veterens feel it too.

Funny thing, my first pour experience was with small (5oz) containers.

The first batch (yes batch as I didnt know what I was doing.. still dont really) came out rather good. Very strong good cold throw. Not too bad Hot Throw. Afew had funky seporation from the sides (that I now know to be Wet Spots), and most had light frosting on tops. The Burn tests were even pretty good.

Then my second pour. Not so good. :)

I love every pour though.

Satin Ducky is right.....it is an adventure and sometimes the adventure takes you down the wrong path and you get lost and big scary things come out of the woods and make you want to run away.....but don't. Just stand your ground and keep on pouring. But do be careful. It can become very addicting and expensive......not many people can "Just Say No"......:wink2: Donita Louise

I can just say No, its just no one is listening.

I have always loved experimenting, so this is a perfect activity for me.

My only real decent pillar so far was the one that I tried to make it marbled.

Came out great! I really should get a picture of it. Wish I remembered what I did though.

Back on original topic... congrats again.

Cindy,

Can't wait to hear how your first candles turn out. One of the first scents I tried was vanilla. I was so disappointed. It had very little cold or hot throw. Later I found out that vanillas can be tricky (I use soy). Since then I've had some awesome and not so awesome candles. I think that's what feeds my addiction, trying to get the perfect candle. Candle making can be very rewarding. Enjoy the adventure :highfive: .

Shine