When to pour

MsDammit

After looking at all the awesome pics in the gallery I think I am pouring my soap in the mold too soon, it's never thick and creamy looking, I can never get the rippled looking tops on mine. I think as soon as I see the soap start to trace I panic and toss into the mold. How do you decide when it's time to pour, should I wait till it starts to look like pudding?

What keeps happening to me is I add the fo and it all seems fine still loose and when I'm working on pouring my color for swirls and then go back to my uncolored part it gets gloppy and so when I add my final layer of color it just runs off the glop instead of sinking in to make pretty swirls. *sigh* When I met Bunny last year and she showed us how to make soap she barely stick blends at all, it's still very very runny so that is how I've been doing mine but that darn fo oils makes it set up fast.

What keeps happening to me is I add the fo and it all seems fine still loose and when I'm working on pouring my color for swirls and then go back to my uncolored part it gets gloppy and so when I add my final layer of color it just runs off the glop instead of sinking in to make pretty swirls. *sigh* When I met Bunny last year and she showed us how to make soap she barely stick blends at all, it's still very very runny so that is how I've been doing mine but that darn fo oils makes it set up fast.

I've had this too! Once I reach a light (very light) trace I pour the soap I want to color into each colorant. SB each colorant then go back and add my FO to the uncolored portion of my soap. Once mixed in I layer my soap colors and the mixtures are all still swirl workable.

BTW I use a skewer too. They come in sooooo handy in many B&B and candle applications- not to mention the great price. I just found some at the Dollar Tree the other day. I just had someone email the other day asking how I achieve the frosting texture/look on the soap and its w/ the skewer as its just setting up. HTH :smiley2:

That's the same thing that happens to me. I can never get a thin pour no matter how hard I try. Maybe I will have to hardly stick blend and pour that may help me.

You need Bunny to tell/show you. Since she told/showed me that's all I do is wait to hear Bunny's voice in my head before pouring. When I ignore it, things don't work so well lol.

I try to go by the trail that a spoon would leave.

Scented, am I remember right? Didn't Bunny barely run the stick blender and then she added the 2 colors and barely did one twisty turn with the spoon and then she poured right into the mold? That is how I remember but I could have missed something else.:undecided

What's the 360?