Heat Guns

I actually bought mine at Big Lots for $9.99 and it has held up GREAT through MANY uses lol

I have also seen them at Walmart and Home Depot.

Once in a while if I have just a small bit of frosting, the heat gun will help. If I have more than a spot it helped at first, THEN it comes back. It will help a little with sink holes depending on just how deep the sink hole is. A dip by the wick yes, a big sink hole, I don't think so unless it was used for melting down a bit of the top of the candle into the sink hole to fill it up and might take more than one zapping. I could be wrong but just what I tried to do once way back when lol.

I use it the most for my 444 wax that gives me ugly tops if I don't get that "perfect" pour temp and it smooths them out wonderfully.

When I 1st started I kept hearing about heat gun this and heat gun that an though could this tool really be this helpful lol YUP it really is:grin2: I got mine at Menards and I absolutely love it and don't know what I did with out it

Yeah, the heat guns are awesome. I remember when I first started I was using a hair dryer. What a difference!! :)

Me too! I had to rewire my whole basement cause I kep tripping the breaker with the hair dryer...LOL..then i got aheat gun and wow what a difference!

The Harbor Freight in my town has them on sale this week for $9.99 and a 10% off coupon too. I don't have one yet, so that is what I am buying this weekend.

Leandra

I second that. I purchased one last year and it does a great job.

• 1 month later...
Harbor Freight has cheep and excellent heat guns. I also found a lot of other useful candle making items there also.

I went through 2 of these in less than a year. But my $20.00 embossing gun from Michaels I bought about 4-5 years ago is still going strong.