Hand Painted Pansy Candle

Thanks everyone, this candle was originally created by one of our paint instructors, she does beautiful work! I spent the winter, LOL, learning to paint these pansies (and other spring and summer blooms) and am quite pleased with how they are turning out. I have dabbled in painting for some yrs. and am kicking myself that when we ran the painting studio I didn't spend a little more time actually participating in the classes, now I am self teaching, lol.

Thanks again

Wendy

Thanks again all, much appreciated.

Actually this was not done using the one stroke method, sorry your confused, although the one stroke method can offer a final technique that results in a "similar look". Our painting starts with a base coat pattern and uses a combination of highlighting and shading to achieve the final results. One Stroke as the name suggests is done using a different brush, not a combination of brushes. A very different technique and an art in itself. I am sure others will appreciate the link though.

Wendy

Edited to add:

this particular candle came to us through our instructor I think through Pier 1. It has a linen type texture which I liked as well as the concave top. I made silicone molds from the originals, (the shape is not protected) and love the detail it offers. The company that offered this candle is also the company that produced the concrete type candle which was recalled which some of you may remember.

Thanks again all, much appreciated.

Actually this was not done using the one stroke method, sorry your confused, although the one stroke method can offer a final technique that results in a "similar look". Our painting starts with a base coat pattern and uses a combination of highlighting and shading to achieve the final results. One Stroke as the name suggests is done using a different brush, not a combination of brushes. A very different technique and an art in itself. I am sure others will appreciate the link though.

Wendy

Edited to add:

this particular candle came to us through our instructor I think through Pier 1. It has a linen type texture which I liked as well as the concave top. I made silicone molds from the originals, (the shape is not protected) and love the detail it offers. The company that offered this candle is also the company that produced the concrete type candle which was recalled which some of you may remember.

Wendy.....I appreciate you talent. I started with the "One Stroke" technique and I decided to spend hundreds of dollars more to learn the Russian technique....The one stroke is great for quick decorating. What you are doing is fine art. I am posting a picture here of a "One Stroke" that I did several years ago....so that people can see the difference in your art and the easier method. Congrats on that great pansy. It is to die for.

Donita Louise

post-248-139458425621_thumb.jpg

That is beautiful Donita, thanks for sharing. I love the look of one stroke although have never attempted the technique myself. LOL, it certainly doesn't look easier to me, I find it amazing to watch someone adept at the process to paint, they make it look so effortless and quick, whereas I agonize over every brush stroke, :embarasse , lol.

Today is daisy day! I am working on some glassware for an order, if all goes well will post a pic or two later.

Thanks again

Wendy

I drove 60 miles round trip once a month over the winter to take one stroke classes..most of the time time I was the only student, then bought all the donna dewberry dvd's and books..I figured my first painted candle cost me around $200.00...lol...love your pansies..white candles are my absolute favorites