too much palm causes scent loss??

Carriegsxr6

I have been using 20% palm with no issues. I have a lemon that has been curing for a week now and it is amazing! I used 1 oz pp, and I think I could have used much less. It may just depend on the fragrance. I am no expert, but I haven't had any problems with scent loss.

hmm really, so what do you use in its place? Lard or some other type of butter?

My main recipe has 7 oils (including shea) I talked to several people at the time who had similar problems with palm

My main recipe has 7 oils (including shea) I talked to several people at the time who had similar problems with palm

lol, my recipe also containes 7 oils and shea. But I am still using Palm, I wonder if I can do some more tweeking and elimintate the palm. I love Soapcalc.com

Hmmm that makes me wonder- I use 15%palm & noticed my soaps have a faint scent, not strong at all & also a kinda musty smell- I thought perhaps it was cuz I was storing them in plastic boxes. :undecided Crap that suxs I gotta lot of palm oil too..

WOW interesting topic. I use Palm at 20% in some recipes. Did this supplier give a "safe zone" % that they felt the scent wouldn't be compromised by the Palm?

:undecided I like Palm, I agree w/ Jenn it lends nice qualities to the soap.

WOW interesting topic. I use Palm at 20% in some recipes. Did this supplier give a "safe zone" % that they felt the scent wouldn't be compromised by the Palm?

:undecided I like Palm, I agree w/ Jenn it lends nice qualities to the soap.

No they didnt give me any range, they just said too much.

I use Palm at 15% and I swear some of my scents just dont last through the curing stage.

I thought I read some where on here that too much Shea Butter can cause fragrance loss as well.

• 4 years later...

I found this thread while searching for something else and found it very interesting. I have only begun using palm over the last 6 months, and I definitely felt that my batches were not retaining the scent like I expected. Some of the fo were new to me, but several other batches were done with my tried and true fo. I don't have my recipes right this moment but feel sure that I used at least 15-20% palm.

A regular customer who always buys almost all the Pleasures for Men that I make recently told me that there was something "different" about his last purchase. He said that he couldn't quite put his finger on it but felt that it wasn't as scented as in the past. Now I am wondering if some of the scents I tested and decided not to continue with should be given another try---especially a batch of lemongrass eo.

• 2 weeks later...