Is this asking too much?

traceyy

I order from one supplier although I have placed an order from Peaks recently. The fo's do not have the flash points listed which I need to know with cphp. I sent an email asking for the fp's and she said sure just give her the scents. obviously she didnt realize that all my scents come from her. Than she replied with it will be added to the site very soon and didnt give me any info. It's been a month, stillno updates.

So I want to send this email......is it rude? I just want the fp's!

Hi I have emailed you before about flashpoints. I am wondering if you can help me. I exclusively order my scents and wax from your business. If you look up the order info from XXXXXXX, you will see that I have spent a considerable amount of money from your site over the last 3 years. You are HANDS DOWN my favorite place. I do not want to switch to another company because I have always been given great customer service as well as great shipping, prices and exceptional products. However I need to know the flashpoints for your fo's. I have used them with some cphp soap and they have burned off. I am basically playing a guessing game and I can not keep wasting scents. I know you stated that it will be updated to your site soon, however in the mean time I have a butt load of fo's from you that I cant use because I do not know the fp's. I do not want to use another supplier when I am so happy with what I have. Can you PLEASE provide me with the flashpoints of my most recent order?

traceysdrunk@sbcglobal.net

BILL TO:

XXXXXXXXX

United States

traceysdrunk@sbcglobal.net

Payment Method: PayPal

ORDER DETAILS:

Item: 8 oz Raspberry Guava

Quantity: 1

Description: 8 oz Raspberry Guava, 089

Price (each): $8.95

Item Total: $8.95

Item: 8 oz Butt Naked

Description: 8 oz Butt Naked, 095

Item: 8 oz Hillbilly Homebrew

Description: 8 oz Hillbilly Homebrew, 112

Item: Fragrance Sample Pack

Description: Fragrance Sample Pack

Fragrances 1: Apricot Sorbet

Fragrance 2: Berry Creme Brulee

Fragrance 3: Black Raspberry Vanilla

Fragrance 4: Chamomile & Musk Melon

Fragrance 5: Cherry Lemonade

Fragrance 6: Cotton Candy

Fragrance 7: Butterscotch Brittle

Fragrance 8: Cinnamon Vanilla

Fragrance 9: Fresh Fruit Slices

Fragrance 10: Cozy Home

Price (each): $25.00

Item Total: $25.00

Item: Fragrance Sample Pack

Description: Fragrance Sample Pack

Fragrances 1: Creamy Dreamcicle

Fragrance 2: Gain

Fragrance 3: Heather Country Side

Fragrance 4: Honeysuckle Vine

Fragrance 5: Mango Papaya

Fragrance 6: Monkey Farts

Fragrance 7: Nishiki Grapefruit

Fragrance 8: Pineapple Paradise

Fragrance 9: Sex on the Beach/Fun in the Sun

Fragrance 10: Sweet Orange & Chili Peper

Price (each): $25.00

Item Total: $25.00

Item: 8 oz Tangerine Lavender

Description: 8 oz Tangerine Lavender, 082

Item: 8 oz Ylang Ylang Ginger

Description: 8 oz Ylang Ylang Ginger

Subtotal: $94.75

Shipping (UPS Ground): +$8.75

Grand Total: $103.50

Is it rude?

Ok..I was a little confused at first when you said you ordered from Peak as I know they do not carry half the scents you had listed there. So, your beef isnt with Peak...seemed a little odd to me to mention them in this.

Anyway...No, I dont think your email is rude, especially if you have asked for the info before.

Good luck.

Ok..I was a little confused at first when you said you ordered from Peak as I know they do not carry half the scents you had listed there. So, your beef isnt with Peak...seemed a little odd to me to mention them in this.

Anyway...No, I dont think your email is rude, especially if you have asked for the info before.

Good luck.

No I was just saying that I always order fo's from her except once when I ordered from Peaks lol Too much information sometimes lol

BTW I emailed it and she got back to me immediately with all the info. I just didnt know if it sounded rude at all becuase that is NOT the way I wanted to come off kwim? Anyway awsome cs yet again from Millcreek!

However my 2 top selling scent's flash points are 135 and 118 =o(

I so wanted to make soap with them.

You still can, just let the soap cool a tad before adding it.

I will have to try that. I have to try alot of things lol One batch of soap I made the scent burned off or maybe I didnt add enough. Who knows. I am having a blast trying all of these things out though. FFiguring in a year or so I may be ready to have someone try a bar lol

Flash point simply means the temp at which the FO will ignite if exposed to an open flame. It has nothing to do with whether your fragrance will last in soap, CP or HP. Some fragrances really "stick", others do not. The fragrance is not "burning off."

This is a handy site to check fragrances for reviews before soaping:

http://scentreviewboard.obisoap.ca/index.php

I disagree, if your soap is to hot it can "burn" the scent as I have done this a few times and now that I wait for it to come down in heat I have more success with my oils smelling better.

Same as with M&P soup, if you add the fo when it is to hot the fo will burn off as well. Same thing can happen with CP per The Scent Works website.

Here's another site which states about the flashpoint.

http://ziggurat.org/soap/hp/csdb-demo.html

I posted this once (and actually about MC's oils) and had someone make me feel like a FOOL! I agree w/ TB and have had this happen, so I stick w/ FOs that are specifically for soaping. Kathy's are not specified for soaping, they are for soy and B'n B items like lotions, scrubs, sprays, perfumes, etc. This doesn't stop me from trying though.

I can tell you that her Vanilla Hazelnut Mocha "sticks" in CP, Birthday Cake so-so.

NO to Sugar Cookies and Lemon (don't know off the top of my head the accurate name). There are a few more I want to try like Spanish Melon.

I LUV MC's FOs :wink2:!! Wish she's also put on the label if its body safe or not (I add dots to all mine that are so I don't have to look it up).

I cant remember which scent is was that I used and it didnt stick or whatever you want to call it. I agree I wish they would put body safe on the labels as well. LOVE the scents in soy and B&B products. So far I used the green tea in cphp and it is still going strong (although I personally do not like the scent lol) also used Love Spell and it stuck like glue rofl.

Oh it was black raspberry vanilla that didnt stay with the soap for some reason. It was more than likely that is was my error(pouring it in too hot and not letting it cool) but there was a puff of steam and the scent was gone lol Oh well at least I know now to wait a while before I add the fo

Hi Traceyy, I feel you pain. You should not have to wait a month for information from a supplier.

my 2¢...

I think your email is too long. Eliminate the unnecessary info and it will be much easier to read. OR ask the question first and add other stuff in a second paragraph.

Think of how many emails a supplier has to answer daily.

"Hi, I need to know the flashpoints of the fragrance oils of my most recent order (order #XXXXX/date).

This is my second request for this information.

Thank you,

XXXXXXX

List FOs"

Good luck.

Donna I think your advice is good - it took me a while to get through the email and I'm just goofing off during my lunch hour. Think like a business when you write to a business....

And be sure to say thank you!

ETA: I spoke with the perfumers here about flash points and all. They said that the flash point does not necessarily have anything to do with if a fragrance "blows off". They actually took it from the other direction - and talked about how fragrances are made of many components and while the fragrance as a whole might blow off during processing, some components will stay put in your soap. Think about it like a liquid fabric softener- some parts of the fragrance may get blown off by the heat of the dryer while the rest stay behind. Then they went on about how products can "hold" a fragrance so that the flash point is irrelevent. Basically they said it's not a good predictor. And they should know since they design fragrances to make it through the mfg procedures for many products. (Where they do concern themselves with that particular value is in the liquid electric plug-ins, for which we sell fragrance oils to be used "as is" and we don't want consumers blowing up their houses - but even then it depends a lot on the diluent used.)

Flash point simply means the temp at which the FO will ignite if exposed to an open flame. It has nothing to do with whether your fragrance will last in soap, CP or HP. Some fragrances really "stick", others do not. The fragrance is not "burning off."

This is a handy site to check fragrances for reviews before soaping:

http://scentreviewboard.obisoap.ca/index.php

That's what I thought the flash point was also. Never even looked at the fp in regard to soap. Hmm, off to do some research.

That's what I thought the flash point was also. Never even looked at the fp in regard to soap. Hmm, off to do some research.

Any observed direct relationship between flash point and "burn off" is going to be purely coincidental.... mostly.