Misty creek molds

Lorrie

I have another question since I screwed up about 5 bars last night. How do you get them out of the mold after you cut them? TIA

I experimented with cutting them and this works very well for me.

The bars are much neater and clean, plus no waste. I wait at least two days after I make the soap and then I lift the whole slab out of the mold. Place the whole slab on a few cookie racks or if you have an extra oven rack, even better. I peel off the paper and let this sit for at least a day, preferably two days. Then I put a piece of Sarah Wrap in the bottom of my empty MC creek mold and plop the soap slab in it. Slide the knife into one of the slots, while lining it up with the slot across from it and holding the knife straight up and down, I push down into the soap. Repeat until all the cuts are made and the soap should be perfectly cut. I get the first soap out with a spatula and the rest come out easy peasy. I have found that if you try to cut the soap too soon in the MC molds, you get nothing but wasted bars and uneven cuts.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I experimented with cutting them and this works very well for me.

The bars are much neater and clean, plus no waste. I wait at least two days after I make the soap and then I lift the whole slab out of the mold. Place the whole slab on a few cookie racks or if you have an extra oven rack, even better. I peel off the paper and let this sit for at least a day, preferably two days. Then I put a piece of Sarah Wrap in the bottom of my empty MC creek mold and plop the soap slab in it. Slide the knife into one of the slots, while lining it up with the slot across from it and holding the knife straight up and down, I push down into the soap. Repeat until all the cuts are made and the soap should be perfectly cut. I get the first soap out with a spatula and the rest come out easy peasy. I have found that if you try to cut the soap too soon in the MC molds, you get nothing but wasted bars and uneven cuts.

Thank you, thank you. I will try this and I really do try to be patient but you know how that goes. lol

I have another question since I screwed up about 5 bars last night. How do you get them out of the mold after you cut them? TIA

I have to ask how did you screw them up? I want to learn everything possible on making soap with this mold before I buy some:)

I have to agree with Mystical on waiting a couple of days to cut soap. Even if I need the mold I will take the soap out and let it sit. Just keep checking to make sure it is not getting too hard. I also like to pour at a lighter trace than most to get a smoother bar. Both of these things have so improved the look of my soaps.

The jury is still out with me on my MC mold. mystical_angel got me the 16 bar for my Bday so I could try my hand at swirling...well I SUCK!..lol

I cant help it, I like my log molds. I HATE lining the MC mold! I made mylar liners for my log molds so I just wash them off, wipe them off with a papertowel and then pop them back into my mold and tadaaaaaaaa ready for another batch.

I just cut my second batch from the MC mold...so far...not impressed. But I am gonna give it a chance!

The jury is still out with me on my MC mold. mystical_angel got me the 16 bar for my Bday so I could try my hand at swirling...well I SUCK!..lol
I can't believe that. All the products I have seen of yours are awsome!!
I cant help it, I like my log molds. I HATE lining the MC mold! I made mylar liners for my log molds so I just wash them off, wipe them off with a papertowel and then pop them back into my mold and tadaaaaaaaa ready for another batch.
How do you make a mylar liner.
I just cut my second batch from the MC mold...so far...not impressed. But I am gonna give it a chance!
Why are you not impressed.

I can't believe that. All the products I have seen of yours are awsome!!

How do you make a mylar liner.

Why are you not impressed.

Thanks for the compliment Lorrie!

You can get big sheets of mylar at JoAnns Fabrics. You basically just fold to fit the inside of your mold.

I like the ease of my log molds and I (and my customers) like the size of the bar from the log molds. This bar size is totally different than what I have currently. And I TOTALLY SUCK at swirling in a slab mold...gonna take a lot of practice looks like...lol

I've decided to order the 16 bar mold, and was wondering what one I should get, the basic kit or the super kit-the difference is that the super kit comes with dividers and a top, correct? Also, for anyone that has just ordered from them, how did you since their web page is underconstruction- I looked at ebay under wooden soap molds but didn't see them, I guess email them?

I've decided to order the 16 bar mold, and was wondering what one I should get, the basic kit or the super kit-the difference is that the super kit comes with dividers and a top, correct? Also, for anyone that has just ordered from them, how did you since their web page is underconstruction- I looked at ebay under wooden soap molds but didn't see them, I guess email them?

I emailed them and they told me that they will have kits back in, in about two weeks. That is why you can not find them on ebay:) If you want to order I would email them. It took about 3-4 days for me to get a response.

If you are eligible for Soap Saver over at The Soap Dish, there is a 16-bar & knife for sale for $25. Not a bad deal!

Sometimes if you just email them they will sell it to ya even if you dont have the freakin 100 post minimum. Can ya tell I am bitter about that?...lol

The MC is worth the wait! I love mine. Been soaping only a couple of months, but have been very happy with this mold. Of course, don't have anything to judge it against, but it's wonderful just the same. Makes a nice size bar of soap and is easy to line once you get the hang of it. The instruction sheet that comes with it is very detailed. Hope you guys get your molds soon!

Valerie:)

You should be getting an email. I ordered two of them and they emailed me yesterday to let me know that they are coming in today or tomorrow:)

:yay: :yay: I haven't gotten an email yet but I'm still excited for both of us !!!!!!

Ok I lied, I just checked my email and I did get one-it's ready to ship, yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!