Anybody who makes pillars play with these:

Sorry to sound dense, but umm ? :undecided What are they??? LOL

Are they plugs to make forever candles? Or something completely different?

Sorry I can't tell from the picture and there is no description...

(obviously I have not used them. :) )

Sorry to sound dense, but umm ? :undecided What are they??? LOL

Are they plugs to make forever candles? Or something completely different?

Sorry I can't tell from the picture and there is no description...

(obviously I have not used them.
:)
)

These Seamless_Candle_Mold_Base.jpg are bases that fit

these molds Seamless_Candle_Molds.jpg

Note these seemless molds are open at both ends.

I've been curious about these but haven't tried them yet. Probably the most practical way to manufacture flat-topped candles in the style of the tin metal molds. You lose the shininess advantage unfortunately, but at least there's no seam and sharp edges and bulky bases. Easier to maintain and store.

Don at North Valley Candle Molds in northern California makes a poly base...looks a little differnet....but you slip in a aluminum tube (in the groove)and it seals it and you thread the wick through a hole in the base and it secures it so it doesn't leak.....They work great. Check out this company if you are interested. Donita Louise

Another down-side I cam up with is that IF the tube does NOT sit ALL THE WAY down into the rubber, you'll get a "head" on the top of the candle... naturally, this would add more work instead of eliminating it... so the real key to these things is going to be how well do they seal around the perimeter of the tube and how far down do they "seat"...

I'll let ya know...

Pete

I hate to be the negative one, but these look like they have the potential to leak wax, if not right away, after they wear in use. The entire base must be sealed.

I had enough trouble learning to seal the wick hole in my one piece molds. These look like a leak waiting to happen.

Fredron

Don at North Valley Candle Molds in northern California makes a poly base...looks a little differnet....but you slip in a aluminum tube (in the groove)and it seals it and you thread the wick through a hole in the base and it secures it so it doesn't leak.....They work great. Check out this company if you are interested. Donita Louise

That is the same site meandmypuppydog started this thread with.

I hate to be the negative one, but these look like they have the potential to leak wax, if not right away, after they wear in use. The entire base must be sealed.

I had enough trouble learning to seal the wick hole in my one piece molds. These look like a leak waiting to happen.

Fredron

Out of Poly, like they are, I think you're right. BUT -- Out of silicone... that might be a winner... I'm curious...

Maybe a delusion, but I'd be optimistic about how well these work. I suspect they're made for serious production. Look at those flat topped pillars from Illume. They sure ain't using no tin plated molds over there.

I would *LOVE* for you to be right... I could save a ton of time, and leakage if you are...

We'll see... I'll be putting one in the regular production line and turn it a few times... we'll see from there...

:) Pete

These
Seamless_Candle_Mold_Base.jpg
are bases that fit

these molds
Seamless_Candle_Molds.jpg

Note these seemless molds are open at both ends.

Aha!!! Okay, if the molds are open at both ends, that now makes perfect sense. Thank you. Actually, why wouldn't you just buy flat topped(bottomed) molds?

Aha!!! Okay, if the molds are open at both ends, that now makes perfect sense. Thank you. Actually, why wouldn't you just buy flat topped(bottomed) molds?

It's just another company making a different candle mold.

With this concept they would be easier to un-mold. I'm just not sure about the poly holding up over time. Silicone would be best.

It's just another company making a different candle mold.

With this concept they would be
easier to un-mold.
I'm just not sure about the poly holding up over time. Silicone would be best.

And that....would be the kicker :yay: :yay: :yay:

Illume's pillars are extruded and cut. Their containers are poured with machinery. The site is down right now but I read about their process on their site. It is all pretty much automated now.

Can you post a link when you can find it? I'm having a hard time envisioning extruded mottles and I've never come across the details on their site.