Used water discount...finally

elle110

OK, finally went out on a limb and tried a water discount. The first soap is Pearberry, with Parsley for color, this FO flopped on me the first time I used it last year, somehow I got it to behave this time, I poured it in with my superfatting butter, it still wanted to misbehave but I refused to give in. Also, made sure not to use stick blender after adding FO. It got pretty thick on me. I added the parsley in the mold rather than pot so I could get more of a topping effect than a swirl all the way thru. It smells divine, I still love this FO after all this time...love the way this soap looks also, have to find this FO by another supplier that behaves better...I can't take the stress wondering if it will turn out

2nd soap, is Love Spell, did the discount again and poured at thin trace but what was odd my main pot stayed thin but my soap in the cup with color got thicker...Oh well, it smell awesome to...and I am getting sick of Love Spell but it is still a great seller...

With the water discount I can already tell the difference in the soap, it is more firm and feels like it has been curing for a couple of weeks.post-163-139458380816_thumb.jpg

Thanks for looking

Michelle

post-163-139458380762_thumb.jpg

post-163-139458380763_thumb.jpg

post-163-139458380814_thumb.jpg

Very pretty soaps. :) What percentage was your discount? I am trying to get up the nerve to try it.

Ok, I took 4oz away from my original 36 oz of water, my math says it is about an 11% discount, but then again, I s%^% at math

I am going to do another one tonight, I just can't believe how much more aged the soap already feels at that small of a variance

Thanks for the compliments

Elle

Very pretty!

Im still too chicken to try a water discount though..lol

I havent made soap in over a month.. i couldnt find lye and then I was so busy getting ready for shows,.. maybe tonight after supper,...lol

I want to do a georgia peach but i am running low on soy shortening and im putting off spending any more money..LOL

WOW!!!!!!!! Super job! Gorgeous!

I discount all the time....but if I have a FO that is prone to accelerate, I use full water.

I know, I knew I was being none to smart but I did it anyway. For a second, I said, self this is crazy!!!!! then off I went.

If it would have been a disaster you would have heard a whole lot of boo hooing

Those are pretty!

You may have just given me the courage to discount my water with my next batch. Does soap that's been made with a water discount still have to cure for 4 weeks?

I think they are ready in 2 weeks but Robin said she lets hers sit for 3 weeks, anyone can jump in and correct me at anytime.

I am addicted to it. love the consistency upon taking out of molds

Thanks everyone for the compliments

Elle