Bamboula LTD Shea

Kymber

Guest EMercier

Hmm, I have to place an order. I'm in PA and Kutztown is not too far from here. They have some great prices. Can't wait until I get paid. I will get some shea from them. :drool:

I emailed her last week and haven't received a reply.

Is this the norm for this company?

Perhaps she is on vacation.

This is not the norm from my experience. I know when I first ordered, my order went out a day late due to bad weather. Thats the only thing I can think of.

I sent a request for samples and 2 days later I got an email response asking for my address (doh!!!). And 2 days after that I got shea...

The yellow looks a LOT like the Kapangan (golden shea) I've ordered through the co-op, but through the packaging feels a bit softer. When I rubbed it into my hands it left a powdery feel like the Kapangan. I like that it's a bit softer though - the Kapangan I got is a bit brittle though wonderful when whipped with olive oil.

I have been making some Shea Butter Sticks using the Yellow and its FAB. I cant belive how non-greasy this stuff it. so yummy.

I even made my first batch of Bohunks #14 and used this yellow shea in it, and it works great.

Now I wonder how their beigh and ivory compair to the yellow. :yay:

I got my samples, I think they have been on my porch for at least a week.

She never did email me back, but life is good.

She sent me soap grade and the yellow shea.

The soap grade is really dark, hard and stinky. There is no way I am putting this in my soap. The yellow is pretty bright in color, I do not think it smells too bad. These are not what I am used to. I always buy from OBN and the butters I get from there are primo in comparison. I am going to let them come to room temperature to get a feel of the texture before I totally discount the quality. As of now, the yellow might work for soaping, but neither one of them will be going into any of my lotions or body butters.

I personally do not think these are worth doing a Co-op on, they are already dirt cheap, and once you add shipping twice and hostess fees, it would probably be cheaper to buy direct. Just my opinion.

I got my samples, I think they have been on my porch for at least a week.

She never did email me back, but life is good.

She sent me soap grade and the yellow shea.

The soap grade is really dark, hard and stinky. There is no way I am putting this in my soap. The yellow is pretty bright in color, I do not think it smells too bad. These are not what I am used to. I always buy from OBN and the butters I get from there are primo in comparison. I am going to let them come to room temperature to get a feel of the texture before I totally discount the quality. As of now, the yellow might work for soaping, but neither one of them will be going into any of my lotions or body butters.

I personally do not think these are worth doing a Co-op on, they are already dirt cheap, and once you add shipping twice and hostess fees, it would probably be cheaper to buy direct. Just my opinion.

I would hold off on that opinion until you test out their ivory and beige. Yes the soap grade and the yellow are the lower quality of different types they offer. That’s why they sold out of the beige and ivory before they sold out of the soap grade and yellow. I heard they should have the ivory and the beige back in stock by the end of the month, and those would probably be worth doing a co-op on.

IMO the yellow is already way far better then the unrefined shea from Agbanga and that company has been used numerous times for a co-op. I havent used OBN so i cant comment on them, but you would probably want to compair the OBN to the Ivory or Beigh for a fair comparison.

As far as not receiving a reply on your email, not sure what the real reasoning behind that is, since it doesnt seem that anyone else is having problems with communication. Maybe the email didn’t go through. :confused:

I did try it in a batch of soap and it turned the soap brown slightly, but It may be from the fo too. I tried the yellow in some butter and the smokey smell over powered my fo LOL. I would rather have the refine myself.

Once the beige and ivory come in, I will order some and send you a sample. that would be a better comparison for you. it sounds like you are expecting a higher quality, which the yellow and soap grade are not a higher quality than the beige and ivory.

I personally ordered them to put them in my soaps, yes I expected to have to use some TD to help with the dark color, and so far my soaps have been turning out great. I also poured the yellow in some push up tubes and sold them at the craft show this weekend. I completely sold out of the tubes, they were about 1oz each and I sold them for $6.00.

:yay:

That is the first time I used unrefined and the smell didn't really bother me. Did you scent the butter when you put them in the tubes, maybe I didn't use enough fo. With the soap it didn't bug me, but I wouldn't mind trying the ivory and beige kind. I know the unrefined is supposed to be better for your skin :)

IMO the yellow is already way far better then the unrefined shea from Agbanga and that company has been used numerous times for a co-op. I havent used OBN so i cant comment on them, but you would probably want to compair the OBN to the Ivory or Beigh for a fair comparison.

Well, I've tried OBN's Unrefined Shea and it is very nice. It's always pale ivory to nearly white and very creamy and I've used it in lotion soap & balms and love it in everything. I've only used Bamboula's beige in soap and balms and it does have a stronger shea smell than OBN's but the end result in the soap and balm was the same as OBN shea. I will be trying it in lotion this evening. I really would like to compare the Bamboula Ivory to the OBN Ivory. If anyone has about a Pound to trade for the Bamboula beige shea, pm me!:drool:

That is the first time I used unrefined and the smell didn't really bother me. Did you scent the butter when you put them in the tubes, maybe I didn't use enough fo. With the soap it didn't bug me, but I wouldn't mind trying the ivory and beige kind. I know the unrefined is supposed to be better for your skin :)

no i didnt scent them at all. and people loved them. :yay:

I would hold off on that opinion until you test out their ivory and beige. Yes the soap grade and the yellow are the lower quality of different types they offer. That’s why they sold out of the beige and ivory before they sold out of the soap grade and yellow. I heard they should have the ivory and the beige back in stock by the end of the month, and those would probably be worth doing a co-op on.

As far as not receiving a reply on your email, not sure what the real reasoning behind that is, since it doesnt seem that anyone else is having problems with communication. Maybe the email didn’t go through. :confused:

Not a problem on the email, Carrie- she did send the samples.

I emailed her again and thanked her for sending them. :)

I got some samples from BioChemica a while back as well.

The butters were really good quality, but they are expensive, even in bulk.

I do not like the CF or Agbanga shea either, they aren't what I need for leave on products. I can't get by the smell of these butters. I know people LOVE Agbanga shea, but it doesn't cut the mustard for me.

I love OBN. I have tried butters from just about everywhere.

I can get OBN cosmetic grade Shea, which is fabulous, for cheap and the quality is superb, plus Marilyn is wonderful to work with. I always do Co-ops with her company because the quality and service are second to none, IMO.

Thank for you sharing this link for shea, I do appreciate it.