Bamboula LTD Shea

Kymber

I have been soaping non-stop all weekend and am just about out of shea...I usually order Agbanga but thought I would check out Bamboula's. Are they always sold out of just about everything?? Is this normal? Just about everything that isn't sold out is on huge sales. Took me by surprise. And what is Yellow Grade A Shea.......and What is soaping grade?? Anyone know? Thanks!

I use their soap grade in my CP soap and it is fab!!!

They sent me a sample of the Yellow and it feels so wonderful directly on my skin. Its almost odorless and not as greasy as Agbanga's unrefined Shea.

The soap grade is made from nuts that are picked too young, and needed to be roasted longer, thus having a stronger smoked smell and darker in beigh color. Its still high quality, and when I add it to my CP, the color and smell go away anyways.

WOW I just noticed they lowers their prices, Maybe I will order some of their yellow as well for making some body butter.

The prices are good? I wanna see, but I'm still waiting on my resale # so can't. :(

I just tried shea in my CP for the very first time this past weekend, and I think I'm gonna like it-at least I liked the way it acted while making it. ;)

The prices are good? I wanna see, but I'm still waiting on my resale # so can't. :(

I just tried shea in my CP for the very first time this past weekend, and I think I'm gonna like it-at least I liked the way it acted while making it. ;)

I buy Shea from them without a reseller ID, so I am not sure what you mean. Here is the link

http://www.bamboulaltd.com/shea.php

How are the shipping charges? It doesn't show shipping until your order is processed.

They are located in PA. I am located in CA. Shipping to me for 10lbs of shea was $11.00 not bad if you ask me.

edit: I just ordered an additional 10lbs. I couldnt resist. the yellow shea sample they sent me with my first order was just too yummy.

Are they always sold out of just about everything?? Is this normal? Just about everything that isn't sold out is on huge sales.

I hear that they have new batches of beigh and Ivory coming in soon. I think they are just trying to push out the left overs from a previous harvest in order to make room for a new one????

I got mine on Sat.

This Yellow stuff is great. Not smelly at all and I find its also firmer than the soap grade, which will make it better for body butters and scrubs.

Edit: I think this company should be used for the next Shea Butter co-op :wink2: :wink2:

I spoke with Anna over there and she seems like a very pleasant woman to work with.

anna@bamboulaltd.com

Does this Yellow shea have that unrefined odor to it?

The price is really cheap, I am curious to know as I think the Yellow shea would be great for soaping. If anyone has 1-2 ounces to spare, please PM me with your price and shipping to 14301. I'd love to see how it smells and the texture before I order.

TIA. :smiley2:

Does this Yellow shea have that unrefined odor to it?

The price is really cheap, I am curious to know as I think the Yellow shea would be great for soaping. If anyone has 1-2 ounces to spare, please PM me with your price and shipping to 14301. I'd love to see how it smells and the texture before I order.

TIA. :smiley2:

actually just contact Anna at Bamboula, she will ship you out a free sample. :D

I would say the yellow grade has a very slight odor to it, but nothing like the stuff from Agbanga / Kpangnan

I finally got around to ordering today. I had bought 5#'s of the soap grade from another candletech member. But at $1.75 a pound for yellow and $1.00 a pound for soap grade .... what a deal! So I have 10#'s soap grade and 10#'s yellow on it's way!

actually just contact Anna at Bamboula, she will ship you out a free sample. :D

I would say the yellow grade has a very slight odor to it, but nothing like the stuff from Agbanga / Kpangnan

Thank you, Carrie. :)

That Agbanga shea is super greasy and stinks to high heaven to me. LOL!

I really detest the smell of unrefined shea, so I always order from OBN.

But at this price, I need to try it out.

I finally got around to ordering today. I had bought 5#'s of the soap grade from another candletech member. But at $1.75 a pound for yellow and $1.00 a pound for soap grade .... what a deal! So I have 10#'s soap grade and 10#'s yellow on it's way!

And shipping to me for the 20#'s was just under $20....which still makes the shea cheap! Can't wait to see and try the yellow.

I'm curious as to what the difference is between the yellow and the soap grade?

I definitely don't think I could use 20#'s, but I do want to use it in both soap and in my creams/lotions.

Can anyone advise me?

This is what they told me "The yellow is ivory shea butter that is colored using a root. The soap grade has the saponification numbers of about 188. Same as the grade A shea that we carry. The reason we call it soap grade is because it is either a little darker than beige or a little smoky! The darkness is also attributed to some nuts getting into the batch that weren't ripe

enough."

I'm curious as to what the difference is between the yellow and the soap grade?

I definitely don't think I could use 20#'s, but I do want to use it in both soap and in my creams/lotions.

Can anyone advise me?

If you are also using it in lotions and creams, then get the yellow.