Messing around

Dee

A friend gave me this little mold to mess around with. She'd never used it. Just testing wicks with regular wax. Thought they were the cutest. Think they would be nice in all colors - draped layers too. Trying to come up with Christmas stocking stuffers, but they'd be nice for a Christmas table too. Anyway nothing special, but had to share. The wicks look like torches so far. These were 3/0 square and 12 fl ply.

post-128-139458380723_thumb.jpg

It always come back to that tricky little wick thing....LOL.....I have to wick my pyramids small and they will only burn down the middle.....you have to give up something in the name of "art".....love those little molds....very cute candles. Donita

Donita what do you wick your pyramids with? The molds are plastic. The only place locally that I know that carries them is called Wicks and Wax, but I'm sure you could get them in the US somewhere. My son said, "Are you relly sure you want to encourage burning trees/" lol.

Thanks all. Yes I actually have some smaller wicks. Was hoping to use pretabbed, but found them a little hard to get out of the mold (after using mold release in candle and spraying the molds too). Need to pull them by the wick to get them out. Thought about drilling too, but when I made some without wicks, the tips kept coming off when I tried to get them out of the molds. Oh well, will keep trying :rolleyes2 .

Dee....burning trees...that's funny....I use several sizes because I have lots of pyramids. I look at a mold and figure that the wick will be too large in the beginning, but by the time it reaches just above the halfway mark, I wick to that size. Then the candle "should" continue to burn at a proper rate. It just is a matter of experimenting. Also, I put the stuborn candles in the refrigerator for about 5 to 10 minutes....makes them come out much easier. Donita