registering a domain name???

We've used GoDaddy.com for years now after being screwed out of a domain through another company (ironically, the company was Canadian). GoDaddy has never done us wrong and is very easy to use, unlike some others (like the ones who screwed us over). Yahoo charges too much for dotcoms.

We've used GoDaddy.com for years now after being screwed out of a domain through another company (ironically, the company was Canadian). GoDaddy has never done us wrong and is very easy to use, unlike some others (like the ones who screwed us over). Yahoo charges too much for dotcoms.

I agree with the godaddy advice, I too have used godaddy for years for various things, including my families website where we post pics since we are military and get hounded by family for pics. Anytime I have had an issue, and it's been very rare, all I did was contact godaddy and it was resolved that same day, usually within minutes. You can't beat the price of the domains either.

I use Verve Hosting suggested to me by Sara. They are great and if you don't decide to host with them you can point you website in another direction Thank you Alan. They will automatically renew if you check the atomatically renew each year with your credit card and send you email up dates.

We use I-Power Web for our hosting, at $6.95 a month for a 2 year contract, they also register the domain for $35. Not a bad price IMHO.

I've never paid more than 8.95/year for my domain registration. When I get my hosting I pay a minimum of one year in advance, and it brings my hosting to 3 dollars and change per month. I just acted like I was going to buy a new domain, 1 year registration at godaddy and buy a years worth of hosting, it made my domain registration 1.99 so the total for a year of hosting and domain name would be $45.29

I've never paid more than 8.95/year for my domain registration. When I get my hosting I pay a minimum of one year in advance, and it brings my hosting to 3 dollars and change per month. I just acted like I was going to buy a new domain, 1 year registration at godaddy and buy a years worth of hosting, it made my domain registration 1.99 so the total for a year of hosting and domain name would be $45.29

That is a good price, however, we still like the service and the fact that we can track who visits our site, peak times they visit, etc. Plus....I stated in my previous post that it was $35 a year for registration, sorry...that was $35 period....so long as I continue my service with I-Power Web. Plus additional domains are only $8.95....I have 3 separate domains, two for both my companies and one for my 3D art site. Just thought I should correct my previous post. Thanks! :D

That is a good price, however, we still like the service and the fact that we can track who visits our site, peak times they visit, etc. Plus....I stated in my previous post that it was $35 a year for registration, sorry...that was $35 period....so long as I continue my service with I-Power Web. Plus additional domains are only $8.95....I have 3 separate domains, two for both my companies and one for my 3D art site. Just thought I should correct my previous post. Thanks! :D

Ah ok 35 period isnt bad at all then, I do remember paying 35 per year for a domain "back in the day" lol.

I do have back pain LOL

So do I...did you get on my back this time?:embarasse :o:laugh2:

Don't take what I said personally though...it wasn't an attack on you, it's just that many years in the web design business has taught me that if you pay more than $8.99US a year for a domain (less the new ICANN fee, of course), you're getting shafted, and if you're paying less than $8US, chances are very high that you're getting a crap product.

So, does anyone have an affiliate link I can click thru on for Godaddy.com? Someone should be getting a commission on my domain registration! :)

Post a link. I'll click through and order.

Tony

My wife and I were going to start selling domains through Godaddy for our webhosting business but their startup fee was a bit much for us at the time...

It looks like their $1.99 offer is only good if you buy something else along with it.

My wife and I were going to start selling domains through Godaddy for our webhosting business but their startup fee was a bit much for us at the time...

It looks like their $1.99 offer is only good if you buy something else along with it.

Sure beats the old days of $30 domains that were limited to 22 characters :)