opinions please (FO)

Gdawg

Okay I am getting ready to place another order for FO and I am torn between Taylored Concepts and Natures Garden. I have gotten samples from Taylored and loved them, I have never used NG and have read good reviews from them. Customer Service is important but I am really only interested in the way the FO are. The wax I use is comfort blend 4627.

NG I can save a little money but really the difference was like $20.00

So if you all can give me your personal thoughts that would be great and if you use the 4627 that would be even better lol for comparison

Thanks

I've had great luck with NG. I've been doing business with them for about three years now and have only had a couple not throw very strongly in my waxes...and I've purchased ALOT of FO from them. If you're using Soy, I don't know how well these will work for you. Soy users should stick with suppliers that list FO's that do well in soy.

They both have some good FO's and some very weak ones IMHO. However, your best bet is to get samples from both and test in your wax and see what works for you in your own application. Your 4627 is a good thrower and not as picky as some other waxes. Have fun!! :cool2:

I use 4627 also and have used many of NG's fo's. There are a few that do not throw at all, and many that do very well. NG is great and their fo's are very good. Creme brule does not throw, banana nut bread and apple pie smell weird. Everything else I've used has been fine. Downy lav. vanilla is dead on and extremely powerful cold & hot.

I've never bought from NG, so can't help there ... but not a fan of TC. Don't get me wrong, MANY people love TC fo's & I do think they're a great company w/ great customer service, just don't care for their fo's myself. I've been to their storefront & have smelled almost everything they have. I don't find a lot of their fo's to be 'true' scents - they all seem to have a strong chemical smell. Although, one of my all time fav's is TC's Peppermint Cream. Maybe it's because I work w/ soy, but they just don't come alive in wax or throw well for me.

Susan.

I totally agree with TXSioux about TC's oils. I go there to pick up my jars and I often sniff the oils and they all smell wierd to me. Plus, I haven't found a single dupe of theirs that smells even remotely like the original fragrance. In fact, a lot of their oils are just plain gross IMO. I like the service okay, but the friendliness of the employees leaves a lot to be desired. If I could get my jars from somewhere else and not pay shipping, I would quit using TC completely.

As for NG, I used some of their oils when I first started making candles and just wasn't impressed by them OOB or in wax. So, I ventured off to BCN and BCS. I love the WYW oils and BNL oils at BCN and the Red Velvet Cake at BCS is to die for. I love a lot of WSP oils as well but they have awful customer service.

Thanks again for the opinions, how about Wellington? Hubby got some from there and loves them I on the other hand wasn't all that impressed and think they are spendy. Anybody else tried them and what do you think of them?

I just recently tried a new supplier myself... Indiana Candle Supply. SO far, SO good! All of the samples that I ordered, smell realllllllly good OOB. Haven't put but a few in wax, and they still smelled great.

I do order from NG and I like most of their oils. I have come across some that I didn't like. I do like their little reward thing where for every $100 you spend you get $1 off... it's not a lot, but hey, any savings can help!

HTH!

~Kristen~

Hi Gdawg, I'm a big fan of NG. I get most of my FO's from them. I also like ICS and JS. Never ordered from Taylored or Wellington so nothing to say on that. Everyone has a different experience with suppliers, but honestly, I don't think I've ever had a dud from NG. Maybe a few I didn't care for to much, but they all throw well in my wax. Parasoy. Of course I did mentioned my Gardenia and Fresh Linen issue in the other thread but I love them both. -HTH