Newbie needing help with equipment

Good day all. I have just now started looking into candle making. I have read some of the posts and realize that this could get quite expensive if I want to do it right! To just get started, to see if it's something I might want to really get into, I'm thinking of investing into something from Candle Creations sold at the neighborhood hobby store. It's their candle making machine selling for $38.00. I know it won't give me the real idea of full candle making, but is it something worth buying for now? Instead of investing a couple hundred $$$$. Thanks

I have heard of some people buying those machines, but I dont think they got good reviews. All you need to start out is a pour pot and a pot larger than the pour pot to make a double boiler. I bought a pot at walmart for like $4. Works great for me as I only do it on the hobby level. Shouldnt cost you more than $15, or you can try what alot do is to use a Presto Pot.

I agree with the others. Buy a kit. For another $12.00 plus shipping you can get one from Peaks http://www.peakcandle.com/products/Scented-Pillar-Starter-Kit__K1002.aspx and looks like you get enough wax and oil to make 7 candles then you will still have your equipment and just need to order more wax, oil and wicks. The product from a candle supplier will be much better then what you would get from the item you are talking about. Good luck.

we started with this candle making machine, it now sits in the corners the refill kits cost twenty dollers and you get enough to make four candles. the main concern i have with it is thier is no temp control on the melter so you can easly get a flash fire if you are not paying attention or get distracted for a minute. bought my starter kit from cajun dont remember how much around 50.00 we bought a bunch of scents and a case of wax at the same time.

my advice spend the extra money and get a good kit, everything you get can be used for a long time where as the machine from candle creations will collect dust if she likes the hobby/ buisiness

my 2cents anyways

I would invest the money now. Once you start making candles you will not stop. There is no sense of buying a starter kit, and then having to buy everything over again. All you really need is wax fragrance molds wicks pour pot and a pot to boil water. Once you start you willl realize what else you need.Buy from a supplier on line. The local stores are to expesive. Soon you will be addicted like the rest of us