Car air freshners

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sell mine for $2.00 and they last for up to 3 months.Most seem fine with the price but once in a while I am sure they think about the ones they can get at car washes for a dollar. I love my angel blank and want it to stay WHITE.My problem is they turn either a tan or yellow because of the FO.I never know which FO's will do it.Make them and then to late.LynnS

• 2 weeks later...

does anyone actually measure how much FO they use? i did once and it was .25 oz. isn't that a lot? they do last forever though. about 3 months too.

i get mine from http://www.bellandcompanytrader.homestead.com/products.html

Sue has been sooooooo helpfull and has been working her butt off trying to make exactly what i want. the price includes shipping too!:yay:

I sell mine for $2.00 and they last for up to 3 months.Most seem fine with the price but once in a while I am sure they think about the ones they can get at car washes for a dollar. I love my angel blank and want it to stay WHITE.My problem is they turn either a tan or yellow because of the FO.I never know which FO's will do it.Make them and then to late.LynnS

does the fo effect the colored blanks like it does the white ones ? or is it best to just get the white ones and forget it

I used to make these but think they are more of a pain in the butt then anything.....The FO will eat the bristles out of your paint brush..so soaking the car freshener is the better way to go..then you have to let them sit out somewhere to dry before you can package them

I make my car air fresheners differently. I make them as you would ornies... Found the recipe on Bittercreek's Board. I use aroma beads that soak up the oils, melt in shapes, put a ribbon threw, and I'm done. I make them slightly thicker so that in hot temps they don't melt as easily.

HTH!

~Kristen~

I use cardboard air freshener , I buy them from bella and company.

I soak them using a pipette (both sides), quicker and easier than using a brush (and the hairs of the brush don't fall in the FO bottle !)

They take a bit to get dry because in this way you put more fo than using the brush.

I sold more of these than candles the past year!

I don't waste time brushing the FO on. I pour my FO into a smaller 1-2oz bottle with a flip top lid (see attached pic) and queeze the oil onto the paper freshner. This way it soakes up more FO than just brushed on.

I used this method last night on some hearts I had laying around to make a freshner for my son's car. It worked great and did soak it up very nicely. Now all his friends want one because I have a lot of scents to choose from other than the basics you find at the store.

so you don't worry about using too much? is there such a thing as too much?

For me, I did get a little too much, but I think because I did it with some left over oil so I wasnt really worried about how much I used. Once it's soaked, if you have too much, it can sit on the top of the cardboard, but I dabbed it off and learned my lesson. Moderation is key and it really didnt seem to take that much, but again, I was working with some left over stuff that wasnt enough for candles so I can't really say exactly how much I used.

On a side note, when making these it makes your house smell WONDERFUL :cheesy2: