Angel in the Mold

Brenda

Finally got my reduced cost (that's a laughable description :rolleyes2) version of SC Angel Thierry Mugler type FO I got this week into soap. All veg recipe swirled with a mixture of blue Australian clay, soft aqua mica, and blue UM. It soaped well with no acceleration. I've read that it will turn tan.

angel_inthemold.jpg

I've wanted to soap this ever since I got a small bottle of their "full cost" version a few weeks ago. Yummy! I didn't mind cleaning out this pot; kitchen smells great.

Thanks for looking! :smiley2:

very pretty ...can you describe the scent?

I'm pretty bad at scent descriptions, so I'll just direct you to SweetCakes:

http://www.sweetcakes.com/default.php?cPath=4

The higher priced version is "exactly like the perfume" according to the Angel fanatic I've made products for. It is a wonderful fragrance. The soaping version is nice too, but smells a little more "green" and less "warm".

That soap is beautiful. That scent sells well for me but I think it stinks. It has patchuli in it, thats why. It is patchouli, vanilla, sandalwood, chocolate and something else if I remember correctly. But that soaps sure looks beautiful.

Okay, here's my "fallen" angel. In the mold the color was so garishly yellow that the blue looked totally green. My husband remarked that it looked like John Deer soap.:( I got out my tools and set to work trimming off the tops. Some improvement noted, so I beveled a few of the bars and snapped a quick picture.

fallen_angel.jpg

The yellow is stronger than the picture shows and the edge bars are bright yellow (since I didn't force gel) BUT the smell is wonderful! Even though it has patchouli (:drool:) in it! Or maybe because it has patchouli in it. I love patchouli in blends.

Oils in this recipe were olive, coconut, evening primrose, cocoa butter, and babassu. Any colorant morphers there? Next time I'll force gel and and maybe color the entire batch to cover the discoloration. This batch did have two teaspoons of TD in over 40 oz. of water. I'm wondering if there is another version of this fragrance that behaves better with colorants than SC?

Okay, here's my "fallen" angel. In the mold the color was so garishly yellow that the blue looked totally green. My husband remarked that it looked like John Deer soap.:( I got out my tools and set to work trimming off the tops. Some improvement noted, so I beveled a few of the bars and snapped a quick picture.

fallen_angel.jpg

The yellow is stronger than the picture shows and the edge bars are bright yellow (I didn't force gel) BUT the smell is wonderful! Even though it has patchouli (:drool:) in it! Or maybe because it has patchouli in it. I love patchouli in blends.

Oils in this recipe were olive, coconut, evening primrose, cocoa butter, and babassu. Any colorant morphers there? Next time I'll force gel and and maybe color the entire batch to cover the discoloration. This batch did have two teaspoons of TD in over 40 oz. of water.

I'm wondering if there is another version of this fragrance that behaves better with colorants than SC?