** What's in your pot this week/end? **

Hey, there, January is almost over - amazing. It's going to be spring like this weekend, hard for me to stay inside.

But I will. :) Quickbooks is telling me to make some batches of soap, so the scents of lavender and rose will be filling the basement. And 2 batches of lip balm - tangerine, and chocolate chip. Yum :)

What's up with you? No football to distract you.

Now that I am hooked on soaps that is all I can think about. So this weekend me and the hubby are making soap. Last summer we made about 20 soap boxes and we are putting them to good use. We are going to make a coffee, oatmeal/cinnamon, mango/coconut, lemongrass/grapefruit soap. This is my new addiction and even the hubby loves doing the lye.

Got our order from WSP today.

Going to try out our first batch of lip balm tonight. Poured some containers earlier. Tomorrow I'm going to work on finishing up labels while Erin makes some votives and dips a few bears for our open house next weekend.

I'm going to test a few scents in paraffin candles/tarts-Steve's White Cake

(smells fantastic OOB), SoapSilly's Pineapple Fields and Guava Nectar, & Scent-Works' Just Ripe Banana. I don't know why I'm trying tropical scents in the dead of winter ! I've been on a 5 yr. quest to find a pineapple that doesn't smell synthetic, and have just about given up. It could be my nose that's the problem.

I'm also going to make some men's car sachets (corn cob) for Valentine's Day. It's always harder to find gifts for men than it is for women.

I'm soaping an unscented castile batch for sensitive skin types right now. Just cut a batch of patchouli soap. Also making batches of Relaxing soap and a lemongrass gardener's soap w/ cornmeal. Then I hope to do a test batch of a jasmine blend. I'm thinking of adding a fresh green note such as green tea or cucumber.

Hopefully I'll also get to pour a tester candle of Monkey Farts and a couple of my new Solas fo's. Something springlike, such as LOV.

Need to finalize a facial serum for a swap and a perfume for a swap too. Busy weekend; my soap molds should all be FULL! (Which means tomorrow I will be a soap cutting fool. See you Monday. :grin2: )

I made my 2nd batch of milk soap in Love Spell. Poured some melts in Amazing Grace, Native American and Sandalwood. Rebatching some Sandalwood Rose soap right now that I made last weekend, don't like the looks of it, going to put it in some heart molds. That's about it for me! :rolleyes2