I need help with a good pumpkin pie...

Guest highflier

Guest highflier

I have got all my scents tested but am down to 2 that I need some help with.

Can someone tell me a good source for a true smelling and strong pumpkin pie or pumpkin spice. (Which ever one smells the best, or is your best selling). I tested one that had a bad fuel smell. The other 2 didn't smell very good.

Also need a good smelling oatmeal cookie. Need the supplier of these 2 fragrances please.

Thanks so much,

Mike

I just bought two to try this year but I can't imagine anything being stronger that WYW's Perfect Pumpkin. I had two ounces of this stuff and made two 3x6.5 pillars - so that came out to about 4.5% usage with 46 ounces of wax (I used 1274). Walking into to my place right now is like walking into a Yankee store ... cold throw is that strong from two simple pillars and its been three days. Its more on the spicy side I'd say, less on the pie crust side (at least in the strength I used it). Sorry, haven't tried hot throw (honestly I'm sick of the smell right now so I'm going to shrink wrap them and put them away until later on - thats not a put down - just the cold throw is a bit overwhelming with them sitting right here).

HTH

I've been on a search for the perfect pumpkin pie spice (perfect to my nose) and have samples from at least 12 different suppliers. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to test them all because my pillar order has me sidetracked, but currently like the pumpkin pie spice from Just Scent the best.

Hi High,

I meant to get back to my thread on the pumpkin scent that I started a while ago to post what I finally settled on but then I got so busy with things -- not a lot of time for the computer these days.

Anyway, I have tried many and many of them had a wonderful smell out of the bottle and in the wax cold, but it was the hot throw that I had trouble with. I finally got a good throw with The Scented Bean's Pumpkin Spice. I just bought some samples off of another candlemaker nearby me who is moving out of state and she had Wholesale Supply Plus' Perfect Pumpkin. It smelled great out of the bottle so I just had to buy it and try it. It has a good hot throw. It may have a little less spice and a little more vanilla.

Now I want to try WYW that Henry is talking about. :rolleyes2 He mentioned one on my thread but now I can't remember which one he was talking about. I will have to look. For some reason it is hard to get an AWESOME throw with pumpkin and a lot of searching needs to be done. I find that many have trouble getting a great throw with pumpkin. At least I finally found a couple. lol

I have not tested a straight Oatmeal Cookie but I tested an Oatmeal Raisin Cookie from Creative Candle Supply. It smells awesome out of the bottle and very good in wax too. I did not get a really good throw with it in my soy (may need to test it again), but I bet it will do great in paraffin. It smells like the real thing.

Good luck on your pumpkin and oatmeal cookie search. At least you are only down to two more scents. That is great! :cheesy2:

~Holly

I'm pretty sure that was the WYW FO I was talking about. I think that thread was about soy though - maybe ecosoya cba. (I'm getting so confused). I'll light one of the pillars up tonight (I am wanting test a 30-ply flat in paraffin anyway) - and post how it does.

i think they may have added it to their regular line because it was so poplular. last fall i gave alot of them to my family and friends came over asking what that smell was and i ended up selling to friends of friends because of it! i have never tried wyw perfect pumpkin but bcn carries wyw as well so maybe you could try samples of both!

hth!

I have to second the recommendation for WYW Perfect Pumpkin. I do not like pumpkin pie at all to eat that is. When I smelled the perfect pumpkin I feel in love. It is incredible. I only use the 1/2oz per lb in J223 and it is a great thrower. I completely sold out of the candles last year at every show I did. I guess Cosmo magazine said that pumpkin was an aphodisicate (sp?).

I have got all my scents tested but am down to 2 that I need some help with.

Can someone tell me a good source for a true smelling and strong pumpkin pie or pumpkin spice. (Which ever one smells the best, or is your best selling). I tested one that had a bad fuel smell. The other 2 didn't smell very good.

Also need a good smelling oatmeal cookie. Need the supplier of these 2 fragrances please.

Thanks so much,

Mike

Just Scent has a good pumpkin spice

Guest highflier

Not to sound stupid but who is WYW. Haven't found what company that is. Thanks everyone for your help.

Any good ideas for a great oatmeal cookie?

Thanks again,

Mike

WYW = Wick Your Wax Fos. They are available through Bittercreek North and are awesome FOs. They are more expensive, but the cost equals out because you only need 1/2 oz pp, instead of 1 oz pp. I haven't found one I don't like or that wouldn't throw well. Definitely give them a try.

I just bought two to try this year but I can't imagine anything being stronger that WYW's Perfect Pumpkin. I had two ounces of this stuff and made two 3x6.5 pillars - so that came out to about 4.5% usage with 46 ounces of wax (I used 1274). Walking into to my place right now is like walking into a Yankee store ... cold throw is that strong from two simple pillars and its been three days. Its more on the spicy side I'd say, less on the pie crust side (at least in the strength I used it). Sorry, haven't tried hot throw (honestly I'm sick of the smell right now so I'm going to shrink wrap them and put them away until later on - thats not a put down - just the cold throw is a bit overwhelming with them sitting right here).

HTH

Just ordered 8oz of this FO, WOW it is expensive. For 100% soy does anyone have a % recommendation? I see 4.5% and 1/2 what I normally use. TIA :)

Henry or anyone that's used it -what does it smell like? meaning is it spicy to you ?

Wow! You are a risk taker. I never order anything but a sample on my first try of a new FO - not only because it may not throw in your particular formula, but one simply may not like it.

Like Angela said - 1/2 or 3% in paraffin (I used 4.5% and its too strong), but if I were you I would try to use between 3% and 5% first in your 100% soy - especially because of the cost of this. If you let your soy cure for awhile you can probably get by with the low end. I've never read nor have had to use more than 6% of any WYW oils I tried in soy. There was only ONE I tried - the winter wonderland - which IMO could have been a bit stronger but the fragrance itself was very nice. This pumpkin one is especially strong though. (Now if its not spicy enough for you (and I think it will be), the sweet potato pie is in the same vein - same strenght, but more spicy IMO.)

HTH

I liked the pumpkin pie FO from NG... but I do have a question.... what is this WYW scent I keep seeing? I know its probably been posted on here a dozen times, but again, I must be over looking or just lookin too dang hard for it....lol:)

and of course just as soon as I post it, I see the one above me askin the same thing.... I hate being so out of it lately...lol...Disregard my previous post....lol

Thanks for info.

What can I say Henry I'm a risk taker :P(just had to use this graphic-its so cute). Actually I'm desperate as the pumpkin I used last year (I ordered 8oz) is not cutting it! Glad I didn't do my usual 16oz w/ this company. I know I'm crazy but I want to test and figure this FO out well before mid October and by the time I order/its delivered-poured-cured-tested October will be here!