Knifty Knitter

angied

lindsay, for me, knitting on needles is much easier than the loom for making scarves. I did find making hats on the loom to be easier than on needles. I think the loom is a great way to knit if you don't like the needles for knitting or for beginning knitters.

I bought mine from Walmart & the instructions are sooo limited. You actually have a choice between the straight...or the round set.

I need someone to be my knitting pal...anyone want to teach me? Its one of those lifetime goals I have. I've always wanted to make a really great sweater that gets tossed in a cedar trunk for years to come. But for the life of me, I can't figure out how to make the needles feel right to even get started.

Crap! I really don't want to buy one of those. But I know I'm gonna. At first I thought this was going to be a nice new section. But it's evil. Just like all the others. I see I'm doomed again. Maybe it will stop snowing long enough for me to get to Michaels. Thanks a lot enablers. (sigh)

I would love to make a sweater for my dh but I'm to scard I'll mess it up. This site has some great videos to help you knit, it has helped me out a lot. http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/abbreviations_explained/

You can also check to see if you have a knitting store in your town and they always have classes and you can just go in for help too. My yarn shop is awesome, I love to go and just knit and chat with the ladies.

Also, if you are trying to knit on those large long needles those are hard to work with, if you buy the circular needles they are much easier to work on. They are the type that are short and have a cable between the needles. Walmart sells them in several sizes. I hate the long needles, I almost always use the circular even if I'm not knitting in the round.

I bought a book from Klutz to teach me how to knit and it was the best out of a lot of them I looked at, it was for teaching kids but hey, I need step by step to understand. lol

http://www.amazon.com/Klutz-43842-KNITTING-by-KLUTZ/dp/B000JKGG2W/sr=8-4/qid=1168976623/ref=pd_bbs_sr_4/105-9583616-9567617?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games

I'm sure it's easier to learn to knit. I've never used one of those, but ir sort of limits what you can do. As a compulsive knitter, I can tell you that there are thousands of gorgeous things out there to knit, and most of them could not be made on a Knifty Knitter.