Knifty Knitter

angied

I'm mainly a hand knitter, but I did have one of those long loom thingies when I was about 7. I could only ever manage scarves on the loom though.

I find it so much easier the old fashioned way. I've knitted fair isle, aran, lacy. Just give me a pattern and I'll knit it!

Ruby

((Bunny bows down to girlyracer))

I can knit purl, and regular. And purl, and regular. Give me a patter and I "gaurantee" I'll mess it up. (I'm serious..lol)

LOL. That tickled me. I learned how to knit when I was about 8. By the time I was 14 I was knitting jumpers for me and my family. I sort of stopped for a few years then when I was expecting my first I suddenly took up the needles again. Pretty soon I was knitting for everyone, not just for me and my own. I used to knit jumpers, cardigans, hats, scarves, mittens for my friends' children. I even used to knit dolls clothes and toys. I've still got some Jean Greenhowe patterns somewhere.

It's been a while since I've knitted, I've been bitten by the candle bug for the mo.

I also used to do embroidery, cross stitching and tapestry.

Ruby

Wow.. I knit scarves. I can knit a lot of scarves. Did I mention I can knit scarves? Oh, and a baby blanket for my daughter. Lol. I really suck!

Just learning how to increase and decrease, so hopefully I'll be able to make something fun soon! Getting tired of scarves!

I used to knit jumpers, cardigans, hats, scarves, mittens for my friends' children. I even used to knit dolls clothes and toys. I've still got some Jean Greenhowe patterns somewhere.

I would love to see what you have made if you have any pictures. You are the master knitter. :bow:

CB... I've got ct.. And I can do these. I can knit on needles for about 20 minutes before I have to start shaking my wrists around, but can go for about 45 minutes on the loom. And 45 minutes on the loom gets a lot more done than 45 minutes on needles...lol

I would love to see what you have made if you have any pictures. You are the master knitter. :bow:

Well, most of the garments and toys I knitted were when my kids were little. They're now all teenagers so all those cute little jumpers and cardigans have long since been donated to the local jumble sales. My friends' children are also the same age as mine so there aren't any little ones to knit for anymore.

I guess I'll have to wait till my grandkids come along which, as mine inform me, will be quite some time!

Ruby