Coffee Butter

The Soap Diva

I have made this recipe and it is the only cream I use to keep my hand from getting super dry in the winter. My hands are sensitive to some soaps and when they get red and cracked, this cream saves the day.

http://www.thesage.com/recipes/recipes.php3?.State=Display&id=190

This is a lip balm recipe I made up too.

1.5 oz beeswax

.75 oz kokum

.75 oz cocoa butter

.5 oz coffee butter

1oz emu oil

.5 oz ako

.5 oz liquid shea

.5 oz macadamia nut oil

.2 oz castor oil

Lip balm recipe sounds great. Not for sure what AKO is! I know it's going to be something simple, just can't put my finger on it! Thanks.

I have made this recipe and it is the only cream I use to keep my hand from getting super dry in the winter. My hands are sensitive to some soaps and when they get red and cracked, this cream saves the day.

1.5 oz beeswax

.75 oz kokum

.75 oz cocoa butter

.5 oz coffee butter

1oz emu oil

.5 oz ako

.5 oz liquid shea

.5 oz macadamia nut oil

.2 oz castor oil

• 6 months later...

I'm bumping this super-old thread up because I was in the midst of searching coffee butter and had a question....can you HP and use coffee butter as your superfat without it losing it's fragrance? Also, can you use coffee butter as the melted oil in FBB and have the fragrance stick? Anyone tried this and had good results? Thanks so much! I have coffee butter sitting around teasing me....it smells so yummy! :drool:

1.5 oz beeswax

.75 oz kokum

.75 oz cocoa butter

.5 oz coffee butter

1oz emu oil

.5 oz ako

.5 oz liquid shea

.5 oz macadamia nut oil

.2 oz castor oil

I would love to try this recipe but I don't have Kokum and Emu any suggestions for a sub for them?

You could sub the Kokum with more Cocoa Butter as they are both almost the same hardness. For the emu you can use coconut or babassu. The emu is a heaver oil and does change the consistancy of your balm as MostlyLurkin said. If you use any other oils then the original ones you may have to adjust the bee's wax.

As for using it in soap, I tried and it did not keep it's scent. I tried it in cp as superfat and also in hp. It is overpowered because you only add a small amount. To me with the cost of it being so high it is a waste to add it to soap. I use it in a whipped shea and mango combo. It also is so nice to add to a coffee scrub.

Are you hijacking my hijacked thread? LOL :grin2:

j/k!! I hope we both get an answer though, that lip balm sounds nice too! :highfive:

OH NO!!!!

I hijacked an already hijacked thread, gosh I am so talented and didn't know it!! lol

I am sorry asheebeans :( I didn't mean it, not unless you want me to mean it! lol

I am always looking to improve my lipbalm and this one sounded good.

Hope you got answers to!

I have squalene Oil, so I can use that in place of the Emu?

And are you saying that the Emu is a waste in the LipBalm?

Thanks all

You can use anything you want in it but you may have to play around with the bee's wax and butters you are using to find the right consistancy for you. I make all but one of mine with out emu. I do make one with it and it is a great seller for the winter. It is a heavier balm for the winter,

I don't remember if I added any oil since I made it a while ago; if I did, it was a tiny amount. I softened the butters in hot water then whipped. Coffee butter is very rich & a jar lasts a very long time. Coffee butter texture & scent varies heavily from different suppliers.

You can use anything you want in it but you may have to play around with the bee's wax and butters you are using to find the right consistancy for you. I make all but one of mine with out emu. I do make one with it and it is a great seller for the winter. It is a heavier balm for the winter,

That is what I probably need Lovely, something that would work in the winter because here, all year round it is soooo dry that your lips just dry out and crack constantly...and it really hurts.

Doesn't make good for kissing either! :laugh2:

• 4 months later...
I'm bumping this super-old thread up because I was in the midst of searching coffee butter and had a question....can you HP and use coffee butter as your superfat without it losing it's fragrance? Also, can you use coffee butter as the melted oil in FBB and have the fragrance stick? Anyone tried this and had good results? Thanks so much! I have coffee butter sitting around teasing me....it smells so yummy! :drool:

If you superfat after the cook with HP~ you will not lose the scent of coffee butter. It can alter the scent in leave on products and soap, IMO.

I have an awesome soap from a Disher and a scrub from AJ made with coffee butter. It smells amazing.

Coffee Butter Latte Cream

If you are a "Java Junky" this is a perfect lotion to get your coffee fix all over your body. It smells like a frothy latte fresh from your favorite barista.

Ingredients

• 40 grams Coffee Butter

• 28 grams Avocado Oil

• 6 grams Red Raspberry Seed Oil

• 12 grams Liquid Glycerin

• 24 grams Conditioning Emulsifier

• 18 grams Stearic Acid

• 350 grams Distilled Water

• 2 grams Vitamin E Natural

• preservative of choice: Germaben II, Liquid Germall Plus, Optiphen or Suttocide A are suitable for this formulation

• 4 grams Desired Fragrance Oil (Vanilla Bean Noel Fragrance was used, but Vanilla Cream Fragrance Oil, Vanilla Musk Fragrance Oil or Chocolate Mousse Fragrance Oil would also be appropriate fragrance choices) or choose 1 gram Vanilla Oleoresin

Equipment

• Scale

• Immersion Blender

• Beakers

• Microwave

• pipettes

• Containers to fill

Instructions

• Using a scale weigh all ingredients, hold out Vitamin E, preservative, and fragrance until mixture is somewhat cooled and is emulsified. Microwave to heat all ingredients. Using immersion blender pulse until mixture is emulsified. Cool. Add Vitamin E Natural, Preservative and fragrance. Pour into jars or pump bottles.

Comments

• Use anytime for a coffee lift. To make this cream lighter, it is VERY RICH, completely replace the Liquid Glycerin with 5 grams Sodium Lactate and add 15 grams Isopropyl Myristate.

Yield

• Makes approximately 16 ounces.