soy and wicks

I am in the process of trying to figure out how to make a wick comparison chart using the info found on wicks unlimited site.

Can you please tell me your opinion for the 3 best wick series for soy wax?

Thanks, once I have this figured out, I'll try to post it. (if I can get it figured out.)

LX...if I can't use LX...I dump the wax.

Beautiful burn qualities, no sooting, no jumpy flames, steady and even, smooth flame, nice height.

Everyone has their favorite, you'll get lots of suggestions.

Try getting wick kits with samples of many sizes in a series.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, if you manage to attach the Excel file, won't we have to have THAT program in order to view it? Drat! I would love to see your chart but I don't have Excel on this computer.

:o

I use EZsoy with CD's and Eco's but I'm considering doing a blend so will probably need to consider other wicking.

5 columns and 75 rows.

The wicks I compared were C, HTP, ECO, RRD, LX & CD. I think that's all of them. I did it in excel so they could be sorted and mixed together and resorted a different way if need be. I copy & pasted just the wicks I have here and sorted just them and it is so helpful, takes some of the guess work out of it. I would really like to share this to see what others think.

First off I am new to this forum and would like to say hi to everyone from Central NY. Utica area. As for your excell sheet one simple way of doing it is to bring it up and take a digital picture of it. Then attach as a jpg.

Hi and welcome to the board. This is exactly what I did using software I have on my pc, but unfortunately the jpeg ends up being bigger than what the board limit allows. Hence, photobucket.

Katinka:grin2:

I guess the thing I like about this being on Excel is that you can sort it for your own needs. Example, say you use LX, ECO & CD wicks, you can sort just those 3 styles for your own use. Although, any list that is used for reference can be helpful right?

Hi Erin,

The best I could do for now is to upload it with this link:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u72/katinkab/WickComparisonChart.jpg

Not sure if it will work. I will try and email the pic to your email, maybe you can chat to the moderators to put it on as a sticky?

HTH

Katinka

Thanks Katinka,

Her link will let you view the chart. Check it out & let me know what you think.